Option to Auto Increment Block Channel with Scene

TheSGKing

Please delete this if I have failed to catch this in the manual.

A lot of times when I am creating a preset I tie the block's channel number/letter to the current scene. For example on my amp block, I'll usually have scene 1 be a distorted sound, scene 2 might be a mid gain sound, and scene 3 might be clean.

As a result, after creating scene 1, I have to A) switch over my blocks to channel B in scene 2, and B) verify that I have set scene 2 to block channel B or else I will have messed up channel A/scene 1's settings.

I imagine this as being either default behavior or a checkbox on a per block basis, and that these settings are only on block initialization on a per preset basis. Now obviously the Axe FX III has 8 scenes and 4 block channels, so I would imagine that the Amp 1 would map scene 1-4 as channel A-D, and that Amp 2 would map scene 5-8 as A-D.

Thanks.

Not sure I’m a fan of this. Sometimes Scene 2 is the same as Scene 1, but with different effects engaged. Sometimes 1 and 2 are the same Amp block and settings, but with different values for Scene Controllers. Sometimes there is no discernible pattern. Auto-Increment would force me to program it a certain way. And I’d have to remember to turn it off when I don’t want it, which is most of the time.

I tell the Axe how it should be programmed, not the other way around. :)

Last edited:
Not sure I’m a fan of this. Sometimes Scene 2 is the same as Scene 1, but with different effects engaged. Sometimes 1 and 2 are the same Amp block and settings, but with different values for Scene Controllers. Sometimes there is no discernible pattern. Auto-Increment would force me to programit a certain way. And I’d have to remember to turn it off when I don’t want it, which is most of the time.

I tell the Axe how it should be programmed, not the other way around. :)

I completely agree with you- I do something similar, sometimes having scene 2 be a lead with a delay and a reverb added on to the normal amp sound (normal amp sound being channel A of the amp, therefore having scene one and two being channel A). My idea was for the initial placement of the block; placing it down would make scene one into channel A, scene 2 to channel B, and so on. However, if you wanted to make both scene 1 and 2 into channel A, you should be able to.

I don't think it should be a "sticky" setting, rather something just to help speed up the preset making process. But I may be in the minority with how I construct my presets in this fashion!

Agree w/ @Rex & @chris - this isn't something I would use as my scenes rarely increment all of the blocks' channels so I definitely wouldn't want this as a standard feature. If I did have a need it would be just as easy to do it manually as it would to go in and check the optional box to follow along.

Please delete this if I have failed to catch this in the manual.

A lot of times when I am creating a preset I tie the block's channel number/letter to the current scene. For example on my amp block, I'll usually have scene 1 be a distorted sound, scene 2 might be a mid gain sound, and scene 3 might be clean.

As a result, after creating scene 1, I have to A) switch over my blocks to channel B in scene 2, and B) verify that I have set scene 2 to block channel B or else I will have messed up channel A/scene 1's settings.

I imagine this as being either default behavior or a checkbox on a per block basis, and that these settings are only on block initialization on a per preset basis. Now obviously the Axe FX III has 8 scenes and 4 block channels, so I would imagine that the Amp 1 would map scene 1-4 as channel A-D, and that Amp 2 would map scene 5-8 as A-D.

Thanks.

What if you run dual amps mixed together ? I wouldn’t want scene 8 to only give me amp 2, channel D. Maybe I want scene 8 to be amp 1, channel A, and amp 2, channel B, but with drive block channel C, and a delay, and a flanger etc

Real power of scenes is you can have a ton of things change or not change, all with a single button press

What if you run dual amps mixed together ? I wouldn’t want scene 8 to only give me amp 2, channel D. Maybe I want scene 8 to be amp 1, channel A, and amp 2, channel B, but with drive block channel C, and a delay, and a flanger etc

Real power of scenes is you can have a ton of things change or not change, all with a single button press

The idea of it is that's the default behavior, readily changed to have all scenes at channel A if so desired.

I'm seeing that my idea isn't popular, and that's okay - this thread can be locked.

I could see maybe needing this on the Amp block for a specific client. But, it would be the exception, not the rule.

However, if it were an 'Option' in the 'Blocks' drop-down menu (see pic below), It could be applied to any block needed. I would possible find this option more useful on other blocks? It would have to set scenes 1 thru 4 (and 5 thru 8) to channels A thru D to cover all situations?
A to D.png

I could see maybe needing this on the Amp block for a specific client. But, it would be the exception, not the rule.

However, if it were an 'Option' in the 'Blocks' drop-down menu (see pic below), It could be applied to any block needed. I would possible find this option more useful on other blocks? It would have to set scenes 1 thru 4 (and 5 thru 8) to channels A thru D to cover all situations?
View attachment 54569

I like that idea. Instead of even making it a default behavior, even a drop down in Axe-Edit would be pretty great for my approach.

Seems easier to just have a button on the FC’s cycle though the channels for a given block a-d.

I could see someone wanting to change amp channels, but do you really want things like your reverb to keep changing channel when you change an amp channel?

Making different blocks all change channel together could work, but, then you’d have to consider your layout and make sure amp channel c matches with drive c etc, and then that is as much work as selecting what you want to happen with a scene change

Seems best to have scenes be the overall combination of channels and bypass states for any and all combinations of blocks

Back
Top Bottom