JVM sounding weird

LeBigMac

Inspired
Hi, I'm on FW 5.06 and the JVM models (Orange and Red) are sounding weird to me. Like having some kind of Fuzz pedal. Specialy if the Gain is pas number 5. Is it supposed to sound like that?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm on FW 5.06 and the JVM models (Orange and Red) are sounding weird to me. Like having some kind of Fuzz pedal. Specialy if the Gain is pas number 5. Is it supposed to sound like that?

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like really bad clipping. Is it only on the JVM models? Make sure your cab block has the correct IR's if you are using it.

Thanks for your help.

upload the preset.

It's the factory preset 44 (JVM OD2) on Scene 3. You can heart it, but if you increase the Gain past 5 it's more noticeable.

Attachments

• Brit JVM OD2.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
I have noticed this myself. Almost sounds like blocking distortion. The Green Model seems fine but the Orange and Red models seem to do this.

Admittedly my patch has a strong Gate and a high Drive block but if you bypass those and use the Amp’s gain you still get a similar result. Just an FYI.

That's what the real amp does due to the goofy cathode follower design. To reduce this decrease Cathode Follower Harmonics a bit (and maybe increase Cathode Follower Grid Clipping).
I have a real JVM and a 100w DSL which I prefer over the JVM . Use the modeled JVM a lot but would love to see a DSL added to the arsenal ;-) . Thank you Cliff for bringing this magic box to the masses . Loving it !

That's what the real amp does due to the goofy cathode follower design. To reduce this decrease Cathode Follower Harmonics a bit (and maybe increase Cathode Follower Grid Clipping).

Thank you for the heads up. I’ve never experienced a real JVM to know the difference and knowing is half the battle. I’ll play around with those settings and see how it goes. This kind of direct feedback is exactly why people love your products, it’s not just the hardware and software. Thanks again.

I have a real JVM and a 100w DSL which I prefer over the JVM . Use the modeled JVM a lot but would love to see a DSL added to the arsenal ;-) . Thank you Cliff for bringing this magic box to the masses . Loving it !

Since you own a real JVM. Does it really have such a stupidly high amount of gain?

I had a real JVM for a while, and yes it DOES have stupid amounts of gain!

The JVM in the III is my go-to patch right now....the green channel with a boost.....very chunky!

Last edited:
Just for comparison the JS410 model does not seem to do this. I’m assuming the JS is that much different?

Back
Top Bottom