Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Finally got my III today and swapped out the II in my rack. Sorry for the bad photos

Old
IMG-6090.jpg

New
IMG-6093.jpg

and some clean wiring
IMG-6092.jpg

Now with the new Puppy I have to find some time to dig into it, Hopefully next week when I'm on vacation

I've been meaning to ask - are there quantity discounts on Barefoot Buttons or other sources for a similar product? I would love to use them on my rig but $8.95 a button adds up really fast with 22 to 41 buttons to outfit.
Amazon... Others have posted in the past about various options which are much cheaper.

There are some decent options for opaque buttons on Amazon but I haven't found any clear buttons that seem worthwhile. There are the Mooer Mushrooms, but they're kind of flimsy.

@Dunconia in the shallow case, do you think with the lid on the rear there'd be enough room for non-right angle XLR and 1/4" cables to stay attached to the Axe-Fx III? I'm very tempted to switch to a shallow case after seeing your comparison pictures.

@Dunconia in the shallow case, do you think with the lid on the rear there'd be enough room for non-right angle XLR and 1/4" cables to stay attached to the Axe-Fx III? I'm very tempted to switch to a shallow case after seeing your comparison pictures.
Same here. It sure looks like there would be enough room.

All mine fit perfectly and they’re not right angle. I still have to return the bigger one. It’s just too big. My plan is to build a custom jack panel up front and store a surge protector in the back. No power conditioner.

Shallow case was $158 total from Reverb. I’m very pleased.

Ordered a custom patch panel from Redco. Turned out pretty good. The unit sits nicely on the floor with the back lid still on. Very stable with the shallow case. I need to shorten the connections around back to clean it up but its not bad. I also want to add a SPDIF out up front. Hopefully, my FC-6 will be here before I leave town Monday!
Edit: Just realized my picture didn’t upload...

Attachments

• DE42C722-173B-4C35-B9A2-86BF6F19CB7A.jpeg
    DE42C722-173B-4C35-B9A2-86BF6F19CB7A.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Bah... first pic post...! Here's my set-up so far. Still trying to figure out what I want to do for a case... but the guitar stand works in a pinch! I absolutely love the FC-12.

Bah... first pic post...! Here's my set-up so far. Still trying to figure out what I want to do for a case... but the guitar stand works in a pinch! I absolutely love the FC-12.
Nice!.

Consider sticking with the guitar stand, or something like it, with or without a case. It's a good angle, and it's low to the ground in case it takes a fall.

Back
Top Bottom