Electric guitar as a blues harp?

Wow I thought that was pretty cool, I play guitar and blues style harp thru my ultra, I'm not familier with the effects from EH but I wouldn't be too suprised to find that you could clone that type of sound with the axe. Thanks for sound clip link.

Yeah that is cool. Just imagine playing at a blues jam an switching to a patch that has everyone looking around to see who brought the harmonica.

I've tried to see if I can get a similar sound and it's quickly become apparent that my lack of knowledge of many of the Axes effects/parameters is only surpassed by my lack of knowledge of how EHXs HOG an Microsynth actually work an how their parameters would cross over to the Axe. It appears that each unit is shifting one octave up, but I'm lost on the filters. Any of you experienced effects guys want to have a go at this or give some insight as to where to start?

I know, better yet I'll start a new thread saying the Axe isn't as good because it can't get a harmonica sound and you guys will come out of the woodwork with patches in no time :D

Yes I believe that there are some very smart guy's here that could come up with some very cool patches for harp. I had only recently tried it I set up a patch using the small fender amp into some different speaker cabs,delay and verb and had some great harmonica tones in ten minutes or so but that was using a mic not my guitar. I will say also that the axe's pitch sifter was very good at changing the straight ahead harp tone into octaves, fifths, etc. If you had the guitar morphing into harmonica patch you could switch back and forth with some call and responce between the harp and guitar, that would be very cool indeed.

Not to keep rehashing the whole I want modeled FX in the Axe, but it sure would make it easier to copy stuff like this if there were specific effects modeled in there.

Then you could use the experience of guys like this to get trippy sounds.

btw those fx are awesome...what a great use of a chain of fx.

Okay, a little thread resurrection here.

Anyone have any insight in getting a harmonica vibe/tone out of the Ultra using the synth block? I just don't have the experience with synths enough to know what I am doing. Yet. I would like to get something that could give me a harmonica vibe for a few short bits in some blues songs.

Okay, a little thread resurrection here.

Anyone have any insight in getting a harmonica vibe/tone out of the Ultra using the synth block? I just don't have the experience with synths enough to know what I am doing. Yet. I would like to get something that could give me a harmonica vibe for a few short bits in some blues songs.

I created this one a while ago still need some tweaking..

Attachments

• 153 - Harmonica.syx
    2 KB · Views: 23
Bummer.
I'm in a new band, and it's just rapper, guitar, bass, and drums, so I have to get very creative about finding ways to fill in the sound.
Thanks anyway.

Bummer.
I'm in a new band, and it's just rapper, guitar, bass, and drums, so I have to get very creative about finding ways to fill in the sound.
Thanks anyway.
Use stereo effects. Delays and Reverb.

Try things like the Octave Divider in the pitch block to add phatness!

Back
Top Bottom