Any word on an update for the AX8?

Not a single word that i've read of, not even a lonely 'soon' lost somewhere on the forums... yet, the only 'official' word on the AX8 from Cliff (albeit, made over the TGP forums) was that it is "a nightmare to program and port firmwares to since the engineer responsible for it no longer works at FAS"

I'm honestly hoping for that one last goodbye firmware kiss like the one given to the II, which ported quite a bit of Ares. It made a difference and if that was the last firmware for the AX8 I'd be quite happy.

Cliff did say it was difficult to maintain since there is no engineer to work on it, and on top of that they do have other products to focus on, including its successor. So in reality I don't see anything soon.

Maybe when the dust has settled like what happened with the iii.....I'm not holding my breath though.....

It's a fine unit as is, but I really would like it to be in sync - firmware wise - to the ii......

Since the engineer responsible for AX8's current firmwares no longer works there, I'd dare to suggest this:

I think FAS should just re-write the AX8 to welcome ARES firmware and make it consistent to their current products.

Would that even be possible?

Would that even be possible?

Even if it was it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective. You don't want to put any efforts in improving the old product (which doesn't create any revenue but costs money) when the successor is available and you want people to buy it (which would create a lot of revenue and pay your bills/investments in the new product development).

Even if it was it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective. You don't want to put any efforts in improving the old product (which doesn't create any revenue but costs money) when the successor is available and you want people to buy it (which would create a lot of revenue and pay your bills/investments in the new product development).
Not putting efforts improving your current/old products creates many displeased current/old customers ready to leave for the company next door.
That's also business.

Not putting efforts improving your current/old products creates many displeased current/old customers ready to leave for the company next door.
That's also business.

Yes, that's the tough part about making business decisions. It's all about priorities and deciding which sacrifice you can afford.

Yes, that's the tough part about making business decisions. It's all about priorities and deciding which sacrifice you can afford.

Personally speaking, I'd be glad to pay for an upgraded version (firmware) of the same hardware, as long as maintenance is granted for an extended period of time.

My core point here, is that I'd be happy to stay on my AX8 and pay FAS for porting Ares (and subsequent firmware updates) to my unit, as long as that it technically possible. But hey, that's marketing strategies again...

I've had my AX8 less than a year and will likely not be looking at anything else for a good while. I'm happy with its performance and can be patient and wait for an update so the AX8 can stay in the same neighborhood as the more advanced devices in the Fractal lineup. Would be nice for some indication when the company knows however. One way or the other, it probably isn't a great move to keep folks in the dark indefinitely.

All I've noticed is thread after thread of whining about not getting what such and such product got, haven't received an update in 3 hours, Fractal doesn't care about their customers. In the immortal works of Charlie Brown "Good grief"!!!

It would be one thing if the "old" products needed improvement. They don't. Quit whining about it and go enjoy your gear. If you're that butthurt and don't like the way Fractal "does business", go to the "company next door" and their stellar products and service.

Dang it, you guys got me riled up. Looks like I need a break from this nonsense!
Think it's time for some chocolate and binge watching something sappy. :confused:

All I've noticed is thread after thread of whining about not getting what such and such product got, haven't received an update in 3 hours, Fractal doesn't care about their customers. In the immortal works of Charlie Brown "Good grief"!!!

It would be one thing if the "old" products needed improvement. They don't. Quit whining about it and go enjoy your gear. If you're that butthurt and don't like the way Fractal "does business", go to the "company next door" and their stellar products and service.

Dang it, you guys got me riled up. Looks like I need a break from this nonsense!
Think it's time for some chocolate and binge watching something sappy. :confused:
I've been waiting one and a half years for the last faulty update to be fixed :rolleyes:

I am thinking the reason for the silence is that he really does not know at this point or have the extra time at the moment to try to figure it out

Here s the facts
The AX8 only has half the processing power of the 2

Cliff said most of the AX coding wasnt done by him and its always been a PITA to work on and port

The last time FAS put some Ares in it caused a lot of bugs and took a long time to fix em

So i think its not so easy as many indicate or believe

I'm pretty sure your opinion on this matter has no weight whatsoever on how people spend their hard earned money.
I still have my AX8, and I have no plans on selling it. I didn't like how Fractal did business when I got selected by the Gods to buy the unit in Feb. 2016, and I don't like it now. And I also have hardware from other modeling companies, but I write my complaints in their forums, not here. Brand makes no difference to me in that respect.

Try and have a good day, will you?

It is really hard to understand people who bought a product for not how it sounds today, but for maybe how it might sound in the future.

I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a piece of equipment for how it may be might sound possibly potentially some day maybe in the future. I buy it for what it does for me today.

I don't need and expect any more updates to add amp models or fine tune the modelling. I don't care if it is Quantum or Ares based. All I need is fixes for the bugs that were reported for quite some time now.

Not really familiar with the bugs; is there a short list somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom