Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.06

Fixed Upper Limit on functions in the Bank category reverting to '51' on restart (regardless of bank size).

I've updated the firmware to 5.06, but still experiencing this issue. Was there an additional manual step required, reset, or something I missed? I see the specific topic in the forum, but I'm not clear if there is an additional firmware fix TBD.

Love the green channel for cleans! Thank you very much Mr. Chase! You're a scholar and a gentleman.

Love this update, thanks again!

Updated FC function Effect->Channel Select to turn off the LED ring if the effect is bypased and Smart Bypass is enabled.

Love this new feature fix. Allows you to have a row of channels of the same block along a FC layout row, and the FC light follows the channel. But, I've found when the block is bypassed, all the lights are completely out on the FC for said block. Shouldn't they be dimly lit to affirm they are in available in the Preset, like the other FC switches behave? This may be a miss in the function logic(bug), not sure, but thought I'd share.

Love this new feature fix. Allows you to have a row of channels of the same block along a FC layout row, and the FC light follows the channel. But, I've found when the block is bypassed, all the lights are completely out on the FC for said block. Shouldn't they be dimly lit to affirm they are in available in the Preset, like the other FC switches behave? This may be a miss in the function logic(bug), not sure, but thought I'd share.
people asked for it to be turned off.

This is by design. The previous logic would show bright/dim for channel selected or not. But the Smart Bypass will also turn an effect on/off and there was no indicator of that state.

Now, you can tell if it's on or off, and if it's on you also know if it's on the expected channel.

people asked for it to be turned off.

This is by design. The previous logic would show bright/dim for channel selected or not. But the Smart Bypass will also turn an effect on/off and there was no indicator of that state.Now, you can tell if it's on or off, and if it's on you also know if it's on the expected channel.

Shouldn’t it be:
Bright = selected channel and not bypassed
Dim = bypassed or not selected
No light = not in preset

Versus the way it is now:
Bright = selected
Dim = not selected
No light = bypassed. *** this part is what I’m talking about.
No light = not in preset

Oh well, to each their own but when I drop a channel select block on a FC switch layout next to another effect bypass switch, the lights behave differently then what seems logical (the way the others behave). It seems and feels counter intuitive in that regard. Why wouldn't you want each channel dim when the block is bypassed like the rest of the blocks behave?

Last edited:
Shouldn’t it be:
Bright = selected channel and not bypassed
Dim = bypassed or not selected
No light = not in preset

Bright = selected
Dim = not selected but bypassed
No light = not in preset

Oh well, to each their own but when I drop a channel select block on a FC switch layout next to another effect bypass switch, the lights behave differently then what seems logical (the way the others behave). It seems and feels counter intuitive in that regard. Why wouldn't you want each channel dim when the block is bypassed like the rest of the blocks behave?
*shrug*

i try to ask questions in the Wish threads, but get so much blow back as if i don't support the wish, when i'm actually trying to hammer out exactly what people want and the details desired. then the wish comes out and isn't how people wanted it because no one was specific enough.

i'm glad we have what we have now.

*shrug*

i try to ask questions in the Wish threads, but get so much blow back as if i don't support the wish, when i'm actually trying to hammer out exactly what people want and the details desired. then the wish comes out and isn't how people wanted it because no one was specific enough.

i'm glad we have what we have now.

Just seems fixing the spot in my asterix would make everyone happy, no?

Bright = selected
Dim = not selected
No light = not in preset
That should be DIM = bypassed as well.

That’s why I think it was missed. Wasn't that wish just for better indication of channel states in general for dim/bright? Are you saying someone wished for the channels select switches all to show dark when block bypassed (not available) versus dim (available)? That's odd. o_O Is there a switch to turn that off somewhere?

EDIT: sorry fixed a typo

Last edited:

That’s why I think it was missed. Wasn't that wish just for better indication of channel states in general for dim/bright? Are you saying someone wished for the channels select switches all to show dark when block bypassed (not available) versus dim (available)? That's odd. o_O
What you're asking for is the way it was originally. The change was made to accommodate a Wish List item.

What you're asking for is the way it was originally. The change was made to accommodate a Wish List item.
Not quite.

Before you would have Bright as long as the channel was selected, whether or not the effect was engaged.

The Bright vs Dim was only a reflection of the Channel selection.

For example, I had a button set to select Channel B on Drive 1 with Smart Bypass.

In my preset, I had it saved with Drive 1 on Channel A and bypassed.

So, the LED was dim.

Press the button, Drive 1 activates and changes to Channel B.

LED is bright.

Press the button again, Drive 1 bypasses and stays on Channel B.

LED is still bright.

So, no way to know if the Drive is bypassed or active.

The wish list item for this was mine. It isn't an ideal solution, but I think it's much less confusing than before.

Reactions: Rex

That’s why I think it was missed. Wasn't that wish just for better indication of channel states in general for dim/bright? Are you saying someone wished for the channels select switches all to show dark when block bypassed (not available) versus dim (available)? That's odd. o_O Is there a switch to turn that off somewhere?

EDIT: sorry fixed a typo
Note that this is specific to the case where Smart Bypass is being used... Not all uses of Channel Select.

Not quite.

Before you would have Bright as long as the channel was selected, whether or not the effect was engaged.

The wish list item for this was mine. It isn't an ideal solution, but I think it's much less confusing than before.
Understood.

Not quite.

The Bright vs Dim was only a reflection of the Channel selection.

That’s what I thought and why I responded when you guys immediately said it was this way before. It wasn’t. Not sure why it keeps getting said. Oh well. It WAS confusing before, and still is in a sense -for me. I am using Smart Bypass.

Just wanted to point it out. One small tweak from here on the block bypass state indication or a toggle in settings for this and all is happy (my wish).

Either way I’m good, but it was a nice thought to pop a single block on the grid and have four switches for it that act like four block switches (w/ smart bypass) and light the same as normal block switches. I’ll just go back to the old method which is more blocks and cpu. It’s less confusing on the FC in this firmware for me.

i am having the same issue. I just replaced the rotary block. How do you turn of auto engage. I have only had my fx 3 for a few weeks. Thanks
Richard T

I think you are right about the auto engage thing. I could not turn on bypass or adjust the rate using the rate knob. Thanks for taking time to help me. I just got my FX 3.

Richard

If you're not using rotary you could just turn that block into a shunt - I'm not in front of mine to give you more specific instructions :)

Back
Top Bottom