Quality of everything is getting worse

What hot hatch are you driving? I've got a VW GTI now that's got an APR Stage 2 tune on it. It replaced my A4. Always wanted a GTI when I was a kid, so a GTI I now have! :D
You'll have to give me a pass for doing this, but you asked -
ij7Lihf.jpg

I respect the VWs but I've driven them and they're not my thing. A stage 2 Mark7 is probably faster than mine as far as raw motor, though.

You'll have to give me a pass for doing this, but you asked -
I respect the VWs but I've driven them and they're not my thing. A stage 2 Mark7 is probably faster than mine as far as raw motor, though.
Keyboard player in my band has the same RS and it's a fun car. Little too much bling for my tastes, but a fine hot hatch nonetheless. I'm chewing through my clutch hella fast with this tune. I'll be on a non-factory clutch soon enough I suspect. It's a lot of torque for a FWD car. No complaints from me! :)

I traded my truck and bought a 2019 gmc Denali , later to see they took away the TILT WHEEL. Uh , hello ?

My MacBook Pro ; that I use in my studio , looks like a quadrapuss. 2 frickin - dongles , coming out of each side. It’s no different than when they took our headphone jacks from our phones - so we HAVE to buy BT , ( or another frickin dongle - of course ) ;)

It’s called the Fleecing of America.
Have you looked at a box of cereal these days ? A single Wheaties box that Bruce ( I mean Katelyn ) was on , could easily hold as much as 4 boxes today , yet costs twice as much - or more.

My 2011 iPad bought in 2012 finally had its very first OS glitch at Thursday's gig after 7 years of being slept and woken (not powered down) at least 95% of the time. I'm no computer guru, but that seems stable to me. Same goes for Axe-Fx II, except it's never had a glitch outside the damn display ribbon cable jacking up screen visibility.

Unless I'm mistaken, my ancient iPad3 is a Steve Jobs product or a mostly-Jobsian product. Apple under Cook is a different company. They don't have a compelling pitchman & anal-retentive obsessive visionary. Jobs wouldn't stand for many of the recent and current decisions around design and usability. That said, Jobs had several failures under his watch. But at least he got better. Cook seems to be losing ground. Cook is proof you can't design by spreadsheet. It takes vision, passion, art and incredible engineering.

Just last year got a new 15 MacBook Pro. Replacing my beloved 17' Pro from 2011. It's been pretty seamless, but there was an adjustment period since it's huge money to get a HD that actually supports what you do...(the relentless push for you to get cloud storage at a subscription price.) No problems so far. With the SSD I expect to get at least 8 years out of it.

My iPad Air 2 is still going strong after (not sure) 6 years of heavy use. I did get a screaming deal on a iPad Pro, so my Air 2 is relegated to a music/Siri/recipe/games hub.

That being said, Apple is not what they were, but they are still the best game in town...IMO.

But my Subaru is in the shop for an air bag recall...for the last week...so not really feeling your pain on the Porsche!

Ha ha I just recently bought a 2012 15" Thick MBP. Kick myself in the ass for selling my last one but I replaced it with a 2013 27" 3.4ghz i7 iMac. Then I bought a 2013 21.5" 2.9ghz i5 iMac to use exclusively with the Axe FX. Got tired of lugging that around so I sold it and bought another 2012 MPB. 2015 12" MacBook for kicking around the living room. More apple products than I care to list lol. I just cant/won't do windows, fucking hate it. I totally agree on the latest design direction of apples laptops but damn man if you can afford a top of the line one they are screamers. I try not to buy new apple products aside from this years iPhone. I'm pretty comfortable buying refurbished or used. Since 1998 I've bought one refurbished lemon direct from apple a 2014 27" 4K iMac. Damn thing wouldn't take any ram I put in it after 3 tries with memory direct from crucial, kernel panic every 5 minutes. Passed memory tests but still panicked.

Just finished programming my old iPad I as an OSC control surface for my DAWs. It works great after more than10 years!!!

My Porsche Cayenne got hit by a deer. Damage not too bad but was thinking about trading it in. The new ones are noticeable poorer quality. Floor mats look like they're made out of recycled burlap bags. Poor panel fit, lower quality materials everywhere. Disappointing.
Cliff next time you have to buy a new car think about an Alfa Romeo Stelvio: more quality and less money for a real (Italian) sport car.

Last edited:
This is the first time in history that the words "Alfa Romeo" and "more quality" have been combined in a single sentence. :D

Beautiful cars, though.
Yes it’s true but time are changing and after 15 German cars with a lot of problem I bought an Italian car that works fine (and has 510 hp) ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for a company which gets praised by its fanboys as producing stuff that 'just works' Apple sure as hell seems to spawn a lot of threads of users bitching about it. :p

That’s a market share problem, the Company that dominates a large section of the market gets the ‘very vocal’ complaints. Windows has the same problem, and more so when fewer people ran MacOS. You never hear those 3 guys complaining about BSD... ;)

I've never been an Apple fan (hate the lack of a delete key, HATE Finder, hate the closed infrastructure, etc.) and their business model has gotten very greedy. They try to force you into buying cloud storage as a revenue stream. I bought a Lenovo X1 Extreme last night. We'll see.

My Porsche Cayenne got hit by a deer. Damage not too bad but was thinking about trading it in. The new ones are noticeable poorer quality. Floor mats look like they're made out of recycled burlap bags. Poor panel fit, lower quality materials everywhere. Disappointing.
Get a Range Rover Boss!

Back
Top Bottom