Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried the new amp (I could still install via Fractal Bot).
Very interesting amp indeed!
Nice and dry with big growly mids.
I prefer it with the presence shift on because of the fuller bass, or so it seems anyway?
Together with an OH Mesa V70 IR this really does sound like the new DT record, kinda crazy close.

Could not resist and checked fractal-Bot - don't have anymore gigs or sessions this week so I'm installing now :D

Hi Fremen,
Nice playing :)
I have the real amp and the Axe FX3 but the real amp is really in an other dimension.
Why is the Axe FX so compressed?
Here is John Petrucci with the real amp miked and it's a pure magical sound.
A lot mot richness in the sound (and feeling is so much better - and it 's not an amp in the room question please ;) ) :

Compared to your clip, it sound so small and flat and buzzy...
I feel the same with mine, also with a tube power amp (Fryette) it lacks that deepness the real amp have.

Sorry but (for me) the road for the realness is still long!
4CM with the JP2 is the real deal for me !

Hi Fremen,
I have the real amp and the Axe FX3 but the real amp is really in an other dimension.
A lot mot richness in the sound (and feeling is so much better - and it 's not an amp in the room question please ;) ) :

I feel the same with mine, also with a tube power amp (Fryette) it lacks that deepness the real amp have.

Actually, if you look closely at the John Petrucci video, there are no microphones on those cabs.

Hi Fremen,

Pro product demos are a tough comparison. It’s in Mesa’s best interest to make the amp sound amazing and they spent more the a couple bucks recording that demo. I’d have felt different if you put an SM57 in front of your amp, played through it yourself, and it sounded like that!

You could however, see what the Axe sounds like into your amps power section as opposed to running into the front of the amp, and A/B them that way. There are of course more thourough and complicated ways if you have a load box, but that’s a good simple test.

Hi Fremen,

Are you really trying to compare two clips; one that was done literally within what? 1/2 hour of the Amp being released in the Firmware to someone who has been using the amp or an iteration of the amp his entire life for well over ten-thousand hours, & had a hand in designing the amp?
Man you’re tough! Lol

Hi Fremen,

Yeah, those clips both sound great.....but the real amp sounds a bit different

Are you really trying to compare two clips; one that was done literally within what? 1/2 hour of the Amp being released in the Firmware to someone who has been using the amp or an iteration of the amp his entire life for well over ten-thousand hours, & had a hand in designing the amp?
Man you’re tough! Lol
ahah true... Plus, my screenshot capture software record audio in .wma 128 bits, which is far from ideal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom