SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Corrected About box URL.
* Added support for firmware 5.03.
o Added AMP layout for "USA JP IIC+ Red"

Was prompted to download this version but the link for 5.3 is down due to a bug so should I hold off on this version?

the update error'd out on installing the release notes. I bypassed and the install completed.

Acrobat DC and/or Creative Cloud may be the culprit if you're on Windows. I experience the same thing sometimes, and it's due to Acrobat not closing out properly beforehand, leaving multiple dead processes in memory that don't respond to the installer's request to open the release notes PDF file. Killing the zombie Adobe processes in Task Manager seems to do the trick.

Reactions: Rex
Acrobat DC and/or Creative Cloud may be the culprit if you're on Windows. I experience the same thing sometimes, and it's due to Acrobat not closing out properly beforehand, leaving multiple dead processes in memory that don't respond to the installer's request to open the release notes PDF file. Killing the zombie Adobe processes in Task Manager seems to do the trick.
I’ve had that problem with Acrobat. The zombie processes prevent Acrobat from being used. I’ve seen this often on Windows 10, but never on Windows 7.

71e0f0f19db9184ac612871d89212de8.jpg

Hi All,

Getting a message opening AE that I need FW version 1.1.4 and says I have 1.1.3 I'm blanking out on this one. This is before and after 5.05 update.

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like it was referencing AE ver. 1.01.0.4

Last edited:
Hi All,

Getting a message opening AE that I need FW version 1.1.4 and says I have 1.1.3 I'm blanking out on this one. This is before and after 5.05 update.

Anyone direct me?

Thanks!
You sure it's "1.1.4" and not 1.1.04? My suspicion is you're seeing the software update message from Axe-Edit III telling you that there's a new version (this version) of the AE software available, not a needed firmware of any kind... if that's not the case, take a screenshot of the message you're getting and post it.

You sure it's "1.1.4" and not 1.1.04? My suspicion is you're seeing the software update message from Axe-Edit III telling you that there's a new version (this version) of the software, not firmware, available... if that's not the case, maybe take a screenshot of the message you're getting and post it.
Yep it was the software ver. It was showing "1.1.4 and 1.1.3", tho. Thanks for the quick reply!

Can anyone help please. Everytime I open Axe Edit it says there is a new software available i.e. the current now I'm on 1.08.11 and it's advising an update to 1.08.12. The issue is where can I get this update?

Can anyone help please. Everytime I open Axe Edit it says there is a new software available i.e. the current now I'm on 1.08.11 and it's advising an update to 1.08.12. The issue is where can I get this update?
You literally click the button to download it that's in the same prompt telling you an update is available.

Edit:

Also, note that you replied to a post about a specific version of Axe-Edit. In the future it's best to post in a thread relevant to your issue or create a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom