Remote volume control via Bluetooth

SimonDreyer

Inspired
Hi Folks, does any one have any ideas on how to setup a system to let our sound tech adjust my volumes for each patch from a bluetooth midi switch? I have a Positive Grid Bias MIDI pedal. I was thinking of something like a USB MIDI interface from an iPad connected to the Axe, and the bias pedal Bluetoothed to the iPad?
Any ideas please?

you can control Scene volume via MIDI - it's in the I/O CTRL menu. after each adjustment (i believe in 1dB steps either way) it saves the Preset as well. so maybe that could work.

Should be able to do just that using BandHelper or SetlListMaker. Scene volume as Chris said. Not sure on the connecting the iPad to the AFXII what adapters would be needed. You could also buy a Yamaha BT midi adapter and plug that into the AFXII and let the sound guy push a button on the iPad in either of those apps. But you should be able to use the positive grid switch to connect to the iPad. Just not sure on the connection between iPad and AFXII. Here is a link to known hardware that works with BandHelper.
http://www.bandhelper.com/support/hardware.html

Hi Folks, does any one have any ideas on how to setup a system to let our sound tech adjust my volumes for each patch from a bluetooth midi switch? I have a Positive Grid Bias MIDI pedal. I was thinking of something like a USB MIDI interface from an iPad connected to the Axe, and the bias pedal Bluetoothed to the iPad?
Any ideas please?
I’m confused. Doesn’t the mixing desk provide this functionality?

How do you want to adjust?
Just modify whole preset volume and save?
It's possible with FracPad using Bluetooth yamaha md-bt01

Thanks for your help folks, I have a temporary solution until I buy a BT01, (tomorrow :)), I used my old Yamaha UX96 Midi interface connected to my iPad with the Apple USB camera connector to connect the iPad to the AxeFx. Then I used MidiFire (iPad app, Used to be Midibridge) to create a connection between the Positive Grid Bluetooth Pedal app and the UX96. It does what I want, but the only annoying issue is with the Positive Grid pedal not being able to operate in momentary, instead of latching, mode! Not a real issue but you just have to press the button twice for each volume increment. Is it just me?, but what kind of idiot would build a pedal that does not have the option of momentary or latching operation? Actually, now that I think about it, probably the same kind of person who came up with "The Missing Link" OSC/midi module!, a brilliant idea to create a wireless WiFi midi interface, did all the work, designed and built the hardware, then realized that OSC is not actually a thing that anyone wants or needs!. So instead of doing a little bit more work and implementing core midi to the existing hardware, spat the dummy and gave it all away! :-(

It works with Yamaha md-bt01 for axefx's and UD-BT01 for ax8/FX8... Otherwise you'll have to try. There's a demo version (free)
Thanks, BTW, I purchased FracPad III, while testing the volume control issue, I noticed that FracPad doesn't seem to be reading the volume levels for each scene! is this a known issue or am I missing something? Cheers S

Sweet, glad you got it working. I was surfing around the internet moths ago for remote bluetooth buttons. Some company can't recall who, has a nifty little stick on button you can assign to whatever using their app. looked promising but never looked into it any further. Was kind of thinking along the same lines I could mount two of those on my guitar strap and walk out FOH and adjust volumes. My luck i would bump the buttons and create some real problems for myself. LOL

The bluetooth button I was talking about are these.
https://flic.io/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PnzlsS_4QIVv__jBx0CZAgvEAAYASAAEgJ4f_D_BwE

Thanks, BTW, I purchased FracPad III, while testing the volume control issue, I noticed that FracPad doesn't seem to be reading the volume levels for each scene! is this a known issue or am I missing something? Cheers S
It does, set total sync setting on

Sweet, glad you got it working. I was surfing around the internet moths ago for remote bluetooth buttons. Some company can't recall who, has a nifty little stick on button you can assign to whatever using their app. looked promising but never looked into it any further. Was kind of thinking along the same lines I could mount two of those on my guitar strap and walk out FOH and adjust volumes. My luck i would bump the buttons and create some real problems for myself. LOL

The bluetooth button I was talking about are these.
https://flic.io/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3PnzlsS_4QIVv__jBx0CZAgvEAAYASAAEgJ4f_D_BwE
Thanks Tom, I contacted flic and asked them about midi functionality, This was their reply,

"Flic is not using MIDI instead it uses Global Music Control on the phone."

I'm sure it can be achieved with IFTTT, but that would require a third party cloud application, and internet connection. I haven't investigated the possibility of a locally hosted IFTTT server!

Ive never used the Flic buttons. I guess what brought them to mind is they were listed in the known working hardware section of the BandHelper app that I do use for setlists, song selection plus flashing tempo on my iPhone mounted on my mic stand.

Ive never used the Flic buttons. I guess what brought them to mind is they were listed in the known working hardware section of the BandHelper app that I do use for setlists, song selection plus flashing tempo on my iPhone mounted on my mic stand.
You may have stumbled on a solution Tom! I also use Bandhelper and it CAN send custom MIDI messages that can be triggered from a Flic button! :) Thanks

Back
Top Bottom