Controlling another MIDI device via the MFC-101 / Axe-Fx II

Sorry, I'm out of ideas here.

When you say "not saved" what do you mean?

Saving in MFC-EDIT only saves the file on your computer. You need to "send" it to the MFC whenever making changes.

Hi
I change numbers in MFC menu PrgChange but when I press save nothing happens. I don't use computer to edit pedalboard

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the ProgChgMap setting change, but that isn't relevant for any of this. That's for recalling certain MFC presets when sending a PC to MFC MIDI In.

It looks like you most recently had the Axe and XT1 set to the same channel. They need to be on different channels if you want to recall different preset numbers on each. Try selecting a new channel on the XT1, then follow MFC manual section 12.1.2 to set a PC command for that channel in each preset.

I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the ProgChgMap setting change, but that isn't relevant for any of this. That's for recalling certain MFC presets when sending a PC to MFC MIDI In.

It looks like you most recently had the Axe and XT1 set to the same channel. They need to be on different channels if you want to recall different preset numbers on each. Try selecting a new channel on the XT1, then follow MFC manual section 12.1.2 to set a PC command for that channel in each preset.
OK, thanks a lot. I'll try it in the next days

Axe fx midi thru will only let thru midi from the axe fx defined channel...which is..errr..quite unuseful.

The midi implementation on axe fx 2 unfortunately is not it's strongest side.

The best way is to put axe fx2 at the end of the midi chain and find other equipment solutions "upstream" in the chain for whatever you want to do.

Axe fx midi thru will only let thru midi from the axe fx defined channel...which is..errr..quite unuseful.

I'm not seeing this here using the MIDI In port of a Mark II. Messages on all channels are passed to MIDI Out/Thru with MIDI Thru enabled. If this is different with MFC/FASlink ports, connecting MFC via MIDI cable would be another solution.

The midi implementation on axe fx 2 unfortunately is not it's strongest side.

The best way is to put axe fx2 at the end of the midi chain and find other equipment solutions "upstream" in the chain for whatever you want to do.
The midi thru is hardwired to midi in... That means what goes to in goes to thru.

I'm not seeing this here using the MIDI In port of a Mark II. Messages on all channels are passed to MIDI Out/Thru with MIDI Thru enabled. If this is different with MFC/FASlink ports, connecting MFC via MIDI cable would be another solution.
If connect xt1 with Mfc101 via Midi I would have to remove AxeFX II mode in MFC menu but then Axe and MFC would not work automatically with ethernet cable?

The midi thru is hardwired to midi in... That means what goes to in goes to thru.

Only XL/XL+ have a separate hardwired thru. Mark I/II have the combined out/thru with soft thru option in MIDI menu.

If connect xt1 with Mfc101 via Midi I would have to remove AxeFX II mode in MFC menu but then Axe and MFC would not work automatically with ethernet cable?

If you connect that way yes, but I meant you can connect MFC to Axe-FX with a MIDI cable. Use one that has all 5 pins (or 7 pins for phantom power) wired and you can keep bi-directional MIDI for Axe-FX II mode.

I
f you connect that way yes, but I meant you can connect MFC to Axe-FX with a MIDI cable. Use one that has all 5 pins (or 7 pins for phantom power) wired and you can keep bi-directional MIDI for Axe-FX II mode.
But then I only could use One device via Midi with Mfc101: Axe or xt-1. Isn't that right?

But then I only could use One device via Midi with Mfc101: Axe or xt-1. Isn't that right?

MFC MIDI Out to Axe-FX MIDI In. Axe-FX MIDI out/thru would pass commands to XT1.

If you're using the MFC (network cable) ports on MFC/Axe now I'd try to get thru working that way first. I'm not sure if the earlier statement about non-Axe channels being filtered is accurate at all, or only for the MFC ports, or only for soft MIDI thru on XL/XL+. If it's not working, try the MIDI cable approach.

OMG. I'm changing values in MFC midi menu instead preset menu.
Section 12.1.2 of MFC manual
LOL

Ah, this is what came out with my Gordius LG2. But that wouldn't change anything. I remember I used bidirectionnal midi plus 7 pins connector (which I abandonned since for other reasons). I will give it a try on a normal configuration and depending on the outcome annulate another post on this forum on the same subject. Thanks

Just what Bakerman said hereabove : midi merger or simply connect the breath controller directly to the clavia and forget all the hassle.
Huh? He is trying to control an external pedal that does "guitar modeling"... Where does a breath controller come into play?

Huh? He is trying to control an external pedal that does "guitar modeling"... Where does a breath controller come into play?
Excellent, this happens when your 50+ and responding to the original question of the op, dating 2016....hijacked by a new subject in 2019. So be it,
I jump right out here...

Back
Top Bottom