Newb q: how do I automatically receive email alerts for my own threads?

or just visit the forum somewhat regularly and click "Watched Threads" at the top.

Or click these in your Account's preferences?

Fractal_Audio_Systems_Forum.png

I believe that will then default those checkboxes to on every time in "Create Thread" (and "Reply")

Reactions: Rex
Or click these in your Account's preferences?

View attachment 53821

I believe that will then default those checkboxes to on every time in "Create Thread" (and "Reply")

Wasn't it the case that that option was already checked automatically when you joined this forum? I remember having to hunt down that option at some point in time because the constant email alerts were driving me crazy.

Wasn't it the case that that option was already checked automatically when you joined this forum? I remember having to hunt down that option at some point in time because the constant email alerts were driving me crazy.
Yup, that's the experience I remember too. As I recall I turned off the email nearly straight away (email is so last decade ;)), and after some time I then had to re-find the option to disable the automatic thread watching, as I found myself "un-watching" every thread I replied to anyways. For me, because I'd just end up seeing the new activity in threads when I clicked on "New Posts" each time I visit the site, I didn't need the extra notification. Personally, especially if you're visiting the forum on a daily basis, I find those options to be overkill, but I suppose if you're only visiting the forum once a month, and positing content even less than that, you might find them beneficial.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom