Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Any hope you're planning final update for your 700 Naked Amps Present Pack?
Hey -- well, I have multiple updates for other units due to all the recent firmware upgrades in front of doing it, but if ARES 1.01 truly becomes the final-final, yes I will do that - and since Cliff said that is last firmware update, then that will be the last TonePack update for 700+ Naked Amps TonePack. Not sure when will be done, not before summer likely.

I'm moving away from 700+ Naked Amps to 1000+ Dream Rigs -- much better preset organization and more tones.

I just found a pretty bad bug, I can't say though if it is caused by the latest firmware or the latest update for Axe Edit. Anyway, I wanted to reorganize some of my patches, so I started Axe Edit (version 3.14.4, should be the latest version) and went to Axe Manage Presets. I then moved some presets from Position 4 and 5 to position 30 and 31, in both cases I used the cut /paste funtion and of course I saved after doing so. Axe Manage Presets showed both patches on the new positions, so far so good. Then I did the same thing to two other patches, moving them to slots 4 and 5. Again, after saving everything, Axe Manage Presets showed me those patches on position 4 and 5 now. But after closing Axe Manage Presets all of those slots are empty! The 2 patches that I moved to slots 30 and 31 are gone, and those other 2 patches that I then moved to slots 4 and 5 are gone too. I tried to reboot my Axe FX (it is an Axe FX II XL, running Ares 1.03) but nothing changed, I lost all 4 patches. After that I just tried to verify the bug, so I took a new patch I quickly put together and tried to move it with Axe Manage Presets, same result, the patch disappears and is lost.

I
I just found a pretty bad bug, I can't say though if it is caused by the latest firmware or the latest update for Axe Edit. Anyway, I wanted to reorganize some of my patches, so I started Axe Edit (version 3.14.4, should be the latest version) and went to Axe Manage Presets. I then moved some presets from Position 4 and 5 to position 30 and 31, in both cases I used the cut /paste funtion and of course I saved after doing so. Axe Manage Presets showed both patches on the new positions, so far so good. Then I did the same thing to two other patches, moving them to slots 4 and 5. Again, after saving everything, Axe Manage Presets showed me those patches on position 4 and 5 now. But after closing Axe Manage Presets all of those slots are empty! The 2 patches that I moved to slots 30 and 31 are gone, and those other 2 patches that I then moved to slots 4 and 5 are gone too. I tried to reboot my Axe FX (it is an Axe FX II XL, running Ares 1.03) but nothing changed, I lost all 4 patches. After that I just tried to verify the bug, so I took a new patch I quickly put together and tried to move it with Axe Manage Presets, same result, the patch disappears and is lost.

I did this very thing last night and lost ALL of my patches. I have some of them backed up but only bank A as Fractal bot failed.

It’s a bummer but got to move on I guess.
Next time I’ll save individual patches I really must keep.
If it’s a genuine bug though then it probably need sorting.

I‘ve encountered the same kind of bug numerous times using AxeManage. It’s been there since like forever. The best way ist to strictly steer clear of AxeManage and CabManage. The outstanding customer support that applies to the AxeFx2 doesn’t extend to AxeEdit2 I’m afraid. There are several more bugs in AxeEdit2 that have been reported numerous times which have not been adressed and never will considering the new AF3 and the new AxeEdit3. It is what it is...

Bonjour à tous
Nouvel utilisateur d'un XL+ je viens de faire la nouvelle mise à jour ARES
Est-il normal après la mise à jour qu'il y est indiqué quantum 11.02 ?
Merci d'avance pour votre réponse

Je suis désolé je suis encore un petit peu perdu sur les forums. En réalité je ne sais même pas s'il y a un forum français il faut que je cherche ...
En tout cas j'ai mis axe-edit à jour et effectivement tout est rentré dans l'ordre
Vous êtes super merci

Je suis désolé je suis encore un petit peu perdu sur les forums. En réalité je ne sais même pas s'il y a un forum français il faut que je cherche ...
En tout cas j'ai mis axe-edit à jour et effectivement tout est rentré dans l'ordre
Vous êtes super merci
Oui : axefx.fr

Maintenant il'y a un bug dans Axe manage, c'est le part ou un peut remettrer les presets. N' utilise pas ce part de l'axe edit!

Back
Top Bottom