Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
This firmware is really pushing me to get a AFIII. If this is only *part* of the Ares stuff then I want the rest of it!
Yes this is the problem indeed. I was a bit worried that would end up happening. Although the more thought I give bit the better the idea sounds lol.

It's worth it for sure. I updated my Axe-FX II and it sounds fantastic but I was naturally looking for the internal boosts etc.... and was thinking "oh crap"....that stuff is only on the Axe-Fx III. The Axe-Fx II is still a beast.

As Cliff told us on Page 3 in this Thread:

There is no CF Ratio anymore. Axe-Edit will need to be updated.

so there will be an update for the Axe edit.
Axe Edit seemed to update itself as soon as I rebooted my XL+. I didn’t bother checking to see if those functions were gone...just saw a bunch of messages scrolling across Axe Edit after reboot.

BTW, Thank you Cliff! Again!!!

I’m sure the III is great, but I feel like I have enough of Ares in this firmware, to keep me satisfied for a long time. Very happy with what I’ve got!

Did final nostalgic 1.02 update 90 minutes ago.
Awesome last curtain call for the platform - all amps more responsive and beautiful than ever.

I was on 1.00 beta, and amps have been re-set/dialed since Quantum 7. Tried soft amp reset a few times but as expected it didn't change anything.

So all I did was bump up gain a bit on AC amps (I use around 20 different amps) tested all presets made a few minor tweaks/improvements and I am GO-FOR-GIG.

Thanks again Cliff!!
47481909891_0cab8925e0_z.jpg

47481909811_8a593b5d8b_z.jpg

Cliff, how did you guess that today's my 50th birthday (due to different time here in Germany the release was on the 27th here...)?
Thank you, that was really a great present!
Unfortunately I can't install this firmware before my birthday party on Saturday, but it'll be the first thing to do afterwards ;-)

A lot of people are asking about 'amp reset' - so here's a new one - what if you don't care about existing presets, and you have Austin Buddy's 700 Naked amps installed? Are such folks all set no worries, or should we reload Austin buddy's presets after FW installation?

Just did the update and played around for an hour. Really enjoying it and I appreciate the effort to provide this last update. It’s been said by others but I’ll just add again how great this customer service is.

I paired the Skull Crusher with a Recto from the Ownhammer Recto pack. What IRs are folks using with this new amp?

Just wanted to thank Cliff, I have had the Axe II for years and it's just gotten better, impressed, and grateful.

Hi! What about that bass preset? I'm very curious about it!

It's here!
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6895
The most eagerly awaited Bass patch in history.
Make sure you use the best equipment available like a £200 Fender Squier PJ Bass and a nice plectrum with plenty of give.

On a side note, after that bombshell...
I can't seem to get Axe Edit to update. Some download error. I will try again tomorrow perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom