Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refer to the change of volume with respect to quantum. It is the same amplifier supposedly but has changed completely, I would like to know why.

I think this is the only thing I do not like about fractal, in updates they change volumes, this is something that should not change.
Same model yeah but the underlying algorithm is very different even between ares 1 and 1.01/2, I'll take a volume inconsistency if it means getting the sounds I'm getting from ares any day

Same model yeah but the underlying algorithm is very different even between ares 1 and 1.01/2, I'll take a volume inconsistency if it means getting the sounds I'm getting from ares any day

I do not know how an algorithm can affect the general volume, I do not have as much knowledge, but this has been too drastic and without warning.

For the rest Ares is a remarkable improvement.

just updated. soft reset definitely needed.

f*ck me, the plexis sound incredible
I usually don't gravitate towards the friedmans, I find them to be on the harsh side with the exception of the small box and dirty shirley. That said this update has balanced them out quite nicely for me. My go to's sound even more fantastic

yeah, the friedman i use sounds very different now. much spongier, with more treble.

i'm just working on my deluxe verb patch, cos it sounds a bit weird, but i'm sure i can tweak it

well you could possibly save yourself some time by updating to firmware 8, say, doing a bulk save (with fractool or from the front panel?) and then updating to ares.

ok that is a good advise. Not sure if that works. But it's worth trying instead of going directly from Q5 to Ares 1.02.

something's really wrong with the vibrato lux. it's really really dark and the presence control doesn't seem to do anything. @FractalAudio can you confirm?

no - it's fine - problem my end

Last edited:
The previous one was that gave the 'almost perfect' tone, this one is just perfect!

This is one of the few firmwares that I could clearly perceive the difference that came with it. The tone is more lively.

The Axe Edit update is the perfect retirement gift for Axe 2. I just copied my fav presets from ML Audio Mesa AMP pack X -> Y in the amp block, and reset Y. I see that only advanced parameter changes were the Preamp CF Time (34.9 -> 50), and Speaker Compliance (0 -> 50). I definitely preferred the Y side of the Amp block.

Thanks for this update! Cheers!

The previous one was that gave the 'almost perfect' tone, this one is just perfect!

This is one of the few firmwares that I could clearly perceive the difference that came with it. The tone is more lively.

The Axe Edit update is the perfect retirement gift for Axe 2. I just copied my fav presets from ML Audio Mesa AMP pack X -> Y in the amp block, and reset Y. I see that only advanced parameter changes were the Preamp CF Time (34.9 -> 50), and Speaker Compliance (0 -> 50). I definitely preferred the Y side of the Amp block.

In the Basic Page the buttons Boost, Cut and Fat get switched off if you had one of them bevor in use.

As Cliff told us on Page 3 in this Thread:

There is no CF Ratio anymore. Axe-Edit will need to be updated.

so there will be an update for the Axe edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom