Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.02 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple hundred presets for the II created over many years and under many different firmware versions. I have no way of knowing which presets were created under which firmware.

I have two questions:

1. Would re-saving each preset under Quantum 10.01 before update to Ares eliminate the pre-Quantum 7 compatibility issue?

2. Is there a way to bulk save every preset under Quantum 10.01, either with the front panel, Fractool, or Axe-Edit?

I have a couple hundred presets for the II created over many years and under many different firmware versions. I have no way of knowing which presets were created under which firmware.

I have two questions:

1. Would re-saving each preset under Quantum 10.01 before update to Ares eliminate the pre-Quantum 7 compatibility issue?

2. Is there a way to bulk save every preset under Quantum 10.01, either with the front panel, Fractool, or Axe-Edit?

1. Yes

2. Use FracTool

I have two questions:

Yes fractool has a "just resave" option in batch setter

Any reviews yet
As a 3 owner i thought the new stuff
Sounded pretty darn good
Especially things like new cathode algo on hi gain chunky stuff

What do you guys think

so what's the difference between a "soft" reset and a "hard" reset of the amp block?

i've always just selected another amp and gone back to the original...is that soft or hard? (said the actress to the bishop)
First... a HUGE THANK YOU Cliff and FAS!!!

A soft reset is selecting a different amp, then go back. This keep the basic changes (bass, mid, treble.. etc) Hard reset is hitting bypass twice.. that resets the entire amp, if I’m not mistaken. (Not at home right now)

Cliff and his crew are the absolute best, thanks so much. Everything is sounding and feeling amazing, the pick attack and compression is so good its effortless to play fast articulate lines. While resetting my presets I'm just getting lost in every amp because they feel so good.
I cant wait for my gigs this weekend.

Just got it all loaded up. I never really trust myself to say whether it sounds or feels significantly different, since it’s always a couple minutes between playing the old firmware, then getting the new one up and going.

Sounds very good though! I mainly play metal, and my usual patches are still great. Chugs might sound better, but it might just be because I expected them to!

That Skull Crusher amp is really something. Wasn’t hard at all to get some amazing metal tones out of it, very tight and punchy. Thanks so much for squeezing it in there cliff! I think it’s been a while since a new metal amp was added, so that was a nice surprise.

What a wild ride and a fitting sendoff.

Yes fractool has a "just resave" option in batch setter
I just performed the procedure using the following parameters/values on the "Batch setter" tab:

Block = Comp 1
Parameter = Thresh
Value = blank
Just resave with Value field left blank
Apply to presets = 0-767
Apply to = All channels

It seems to have worked. If something is incorrectly set here, please let me know. Donation sent. Awesome tool!

EDIT: Just saw your reply. Thanks so much.

Cliff and his crew are the absolute best, thanks so much. Everything is sounding and feeling amazing, the pick attack and compression is so good its effortless to play fast articulate lines. While resetting my presets I'm just getting lost in every amp because they feel so good.
I cant wait for my gigs this weekend.

Same here....just feel in love with the JTM 45 again...something we had in early Quantum days, how nice the sound jumps between clean and overdriven just because of the pick attack. This sound really supports the Player. You forget the settings.....only playing the sound. Great.

Does anyone know why the signal volume in the SV Bass 1 has changed so drastically?

It's three times more than quantum 10.01.

Does anyone know why the signal volume in the SV Bass 1 has changed so drastically?

It's three times more than quantum 10.01.

On the III, SV Bass and SV Bass 2 have different output levels too. It's just signal level.

On the III, SV Bass and SV Bass 2 have different output levels too. It's just signal level.

I refer to the change of volume with respect to quantum. It is the same amplifier supposedly but has changed completely, I would like to know why.

I think this is the only thing I do not like about fractal, in updates they change volumes, this is something that should not change.

From what I remember from playing last night, the midrange was less forward but much smoother and pleasant to listen to. It kind of sank into the low end but still felt and sounded present, I could barely get away from my 1987x patch to try other amps. The skull crusher is also a wonderful amp, dare I say reminiscent of the peavey invective with the way it saturates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom