AFIII Dream Theater - "Fatal Tragedy" solo with preset

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
What's your favorite Dream Theater guitar solo? In honor of the 20th anniversary of Scenes From A Memory being played in full on the Distance Over Time Tour, here's my favorite solo off that album, Fatal Tragedy! I got a decent tonematch of Petrucci's actual solo(wasn't perfect as the stem had the rhythm and lead guitar on it), that preset will be attached below. Scene 1 is the lead guitar sound with tonematch, scene 2 is the rhythm patch I used, no tone match, just 2 factory cabs. Used my Charvel Pro Mod DK24 and my Axe-Fx III direct to Logic! All guitars here are me. This is Firmware 5.00 Beta 3

Attachments

• Fatal Tragedy tonematch solo.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
ASTONISHING... well done and for me, very inspirational!
Thank you for this and all your great posts.
Thanks for the useful preset too.
Rock-On Rocker! :cool:

ASTONISHING... well done and for me, very inspirational!
Thank you for this and all your great posts.
Thanks for the useful preset too.
Rock-On Rocker! :cool:

Thanks so much!!

How do you like that guitar?

I keep seeing the Shell Pink one on Reverb and I'm tempted ;)

Absolutely love the guitar, plays incredible! I played the pink one too, but I wanted the HSH setup. Both play insanely good for the money!

What's your favorite Dream Theater guitar solo? In honor of the 20th anniversary of Scenes From A Memory being played in full on the Distance Over Time Tour, here's my favorite solo off that album, Fatal Tragedy! I got a decent tonematch of Petrucci's actual solo(wasn't perfect as the stem had the rhythm and lead guitar on it), that preset will be attached below. Scene 1 is the lead guitar sound with tonematch, scene 2 is the rhythm patch I used, no tone match, just 2 factory cabs. Used my Charvel Pro Mod DK24 and my Axe-Fx III direct to Logic! All guitars here are me. This is Firmware 5.00 Beta 3

Wow way to jam that was awesome:)

One of my all time favourite solos. Funny story, but when I first got that album as a teenager I always assumed that Jordan Rudess's solos were also electric guitar. I always wondered "how the heck did he get that tone?" It wasn't until I saw the Live Scenes from New York DVD that I discovered that it was keyboards, I was totally blown away...

Back
Top Bottom