Question about outputs/ Humbuster.

Kdog

Inspired
Hi, In the output section on the rear near the XLR's There is the Humbuster outputs. I've gotten a few of these cables from fractal over the years. Are these Outputs to be connected to an Amplifier only? What is an example of an Unbalanced Input? As the Manual says.

Are atomic powered cabs Ok to use with the ax3 by using the hum buster outputs?

Humbuster is specific to Fractal Products. all 1/4" outputs are normal unbalanced outputs when used with a regular TS instrument cable.

you can use a Humbuster cable to other gear no problem, but there may not be any improvement vs a regular TS cable. it usually helps with guitar amp inputs, but some report it helps elsewhere too. the TRS end of the cable goes in the Axe side and the TS end goes into the other gear.

most 1/4" inputs on consumer level gear is an Unbalanced input. some higher end and most studio gear (like mixers, studio monitors, etc.) have Balanced inputs, but those typically also accept Unbalanced connections anyway.

why not use an XLR cable to your CLR though?

Humbuster is specific to Fractal Products. all 1/4" outputs are normal unbalanced outputs when used with a regular TS instrument cable.

you can use a Humbuster cable to other gear no problem, but there may not be any improvement vs a regular TS cable. it usually helps with guitar amp inputs, but some report it helps elsewhere too. the TRS end of the cable goes in the Axe side and the TS end goes into the other gear.

why not use an XLR cable though?

well, I don't have one (xlr) long enough but my fractal Humbusters are 25 footers. Plenty long enough. So....Just to be clear. I can run my Humbuster cables to the Atomic powered cabs...? I know you had told me speaker cables only but you might have meant When using the Matrix power amp? I'm good to use these Humbusters TO the Powered cabs Chris?

well, I don't have one (xlr) long enough but my fractal Humbusters are 25 footers. Plenty long enough. So....Just to be clear. I can run my Humbuster cables to the Atomic powered cabs...? I know you had told me speaker cables only but you might have meant When using the Matrix power amp? I'm good to use these Humbusters TO the Powered cabs Chris?
speaker cables go between power amps to non-powered speakers.

a powered speaker already has a "speaker cable" connecting those 2 components, since a powered speaker is a power amp + speaker.

on the CLR, you are connecting to basically a mixer, not an unpowered speaker. so you'd use an instrument cable or XLR. check the owner's manual for more specifics.

Humbusters will work perfectly w/ the powered cabs. That's one of the intended uses.

Back
Top Bottom