In Stock today?

Pretty hilarious when you stop to think we are anxiously waiting for our turn to give FAS a bunch of money! :)
"Please, take my money! Can I give you money now, please?" Who else has a business like that? Cliff is a genius!

Pretty hilarious when you stop to think we are anxiously waiting for our turn to give FAS a bunch of money! :)
"Please, take my money! Can I give you money now, please?" Who else has a business like that? Cliff is a genius!

Any business where demand exceeds supply. People will wait around the block to buy a limited pair of sneakers after all.

Heck, Analogman has them waiting 18 months for King of Tone pedal.

It’s a great problem to have of course, but I don’t think we can say it’s limited just to FAS

For those checking the email everyday like I was I can say this. Got my invite today around 1:30pm and had my order secured by 1:45pm. I got on the waitlist on Feb 21.

This delay bothers me more as a management consultant than it does as someone attempting to buy this product! It looks like they aren't gaining much on the list - a 2/19 order went out on 3/19, a 2/20 order went out on 3/20, etc., which implies a steady-state backorder situation. If I had a waiting list - a waiting list! - of people trying to buy my $2500 product, and a shipment came in, I would be hiring contractors, working OT, doing anything possible to realize the revenue. Get the cash in the door is rule #1. Making software sound like vacuum tubes is really hard. Fulfilling orders is so much easier.

I would also be communicating like crazy to the waitlisters trying to ensure that not a single one went and bought a Kemper. I would be telling them "OK, here's the deal, why we're backordered, what's coming, we genuinely appreciate your interest, stay with us, here's some fun news about the company, etc." Someone willing to wait to buy your expensive product is worth a fortune to any company. I would be treating them like potential lifelong customers, instead of...radio silence.

The only companies that ought to just let buyers dangle:

1) The trendy new bar in town that needs a line outside to look "hot" even if it's half empty (I am too old for that bar)
2) A company that is just so profitable that, I mean, whatever
3) A stressed-out startup that just can't even because the owner is also the mail room, help desk, window washer, and receptionist - and even then, the priority should always be realizing revenue. Let the windows get dirty. Fuss over your customers. Get the cash.

This delay bothers me more as a management consultant than it does as someone attempting to buy this product! It looks like they aren't gaining much on the list - a 2/19 order went out on 3/19, a 2/20 order went out on 3/20, etc., which implies a steady-state backorder situation. If I had a waiting list - a waiting list! - of people trying to buy my $2500 product, and a shipment came in, I would be hiring contractors, working OT, doing anything possible to realize the revenue. Get the cash in the door is rule #1. Making software sound like vacuum tubes is really hard. Fulfilling orders is so much easier.

I would also be communicating like crazy to the waitlisters trying to ensure that not a single one went and bought a Kemper. I would be telling them "OK, here's the deal, why we're backordered, what's coming, we genuinely appreciate your interest, stay with us, here's some fun news about the company, etc." Someone willing to wait to buy your expensive product is worth a fortune to any company. I would be treating them like potential lifelong customers, instead of...radio silence.

1) The trendy new bar in town that needs a line outside to look "hot" even if it's half empty (I am too old for that bar)
3) A stressed-out startup that just can't even because the owner is also the mail room, help desk, window washer, and receptionist - and even then, the priority should always be realizing revenue. Let the windows get dirty. Fuss over your customers. Get the cash.

I have to assume that it takes time for them to load the software and test everything. Regarding Kemper- they dont list the hardware specs for their product... that is VERY bothersome for me. I would never buy a computer without knowing what I am getting. I considered one for a few days until I went to their site to do some research. Noped right on outta there. I do agree that it would be nice to have at least some kind of idea, but not much can be done about that I suppose. As Tom said, "The waiting, is the hardest part". :)

I have to assume that it takes time for them to load the software and test everything. Regarding Kemper... I would never buy a computer without knowing what I am getting.

As Tom said, "The waiting, is the hardest part". :)

Unlike the genius involved with writing the code, testing and shipping the product is a repeatable, predictable process. The revenue from one unit could pay for a contractor for 2 weeks. And by "buying a Kemper" I mean deciding not to buy anything, losing the money betting on Marquette, honey where did this purebred Labradoodle come from, etc.

Unlike the genius involved with writing the code, testing and shipping the product is a repeatable, predictable process. The revenue from one unit could pay for a contractor for 2 weeks. And by "buying a Kemper" I mean deciding not to buy anything, losing the money betting on Marquette, honey where did this purebred Labradoodle come from, etc.

I am picking up what you are putting down my friend. I guess I am just used to waiting for what I want, so I am good at telling myself what I need to hear to cope... lol

This is not a steady-state backorder situation. There were customers on a waiting list before I purchased my III, however it was in-stock when I bought it on February 1st, and in fact it had been in-stock for at least a couple of weeks, though I can't remember exactly how long.

This is not a steady-state backorder situation. There were customers on a waiting list before I purchased my III, however it was in-stock when I bought it on February 1st, and in fact it had been in-stock for at least a couple of weeks, though I can't remember exactly how long.

That's good to know, and surely they will find a way to get it cleared. My point was that if you don't start gaining on the waitlist - and it doesn't look like they have been over the past few days - you'll always be behind, no matter how many units you have in stock.

Mine was shipped earlier this week and is sitting at the UPS store, anxiously waiting for me to get off work and go pick it up...Ok, so maybe I'm the one that's anxiously waiting to get out of work and pick it up, lol. Either way, it will be in my possession this afternoon!

Arent you feeling a little under the weather? Maybe the boss needs to cut you loose a little early? *cough *cough

Back
Top Bottom