Chair, yes chair

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
I need a good quality chair for sitting on for extended periods of time for practicing guitar.
Recently I have developed some minor pain in the back of my leg due to what I believe was a cheep chair.
Probably nerve pain.

I think it will have to be without arm rests.

I also think it is going to have to have a great cushion

I would appreciate your input!

They are kind of expensive but there is a company in the South that specializes in building chairs for guitarists. I have one and it's pretty good, though I wish the back would go up higher. I forget the name but it is a corny pun, I think with "seats" in the title. Someone of the forum suggested, so maybe a person in the know will remember the name.

http://www.soundseat.com/index.php

These are wha yer thinking of ..got one its pretty good but agreed on the back.
They are kind of expensive but there is a company in the South that specializes in building chairs for guitarists. I have one and it's pretty good, though I wish the back would go up higher. I forget the name but it is a corny pun, I think with "seats" in the title. Someone of the forum suggested, so maybe a person in the know will remember the name.

I took a quality office chair with movable arms , and modified them to move completely out of the way for playing. Nice to swing them down and relax during playback.
Still an interesting subject. As it’s been mentioned here before by others , my right shoulder can hurt from sitting and playing. Puts the shoulder too high.

I heart the Herman-Miller Aeron chair I, uh, "liberated" from an office we were closing like a decade ago. You can push the arms down super low on the frame so they're well out of the way of guitar bodies.

I think my first guitar lesson, my teacher told me - no one wants to see you sit on stage, and most of the time you will be standing - so you will practice, learn, and perform standing. I haven't sat since !
I tried a few months ago - and found it really hard...haha
There you go - no chair required ! o_O

Basically every minute I’m at my desk, doing anything, I’m sitting on my Herman Miller, and this has been true for probably 15+ years now. Still holding up fine

Pricey but when soemthing works and you use it every day, worth buying soemthing comfortable.

herman miller aeron was the best purchase/investment I've made in my studio

I paid $450 for a used one with all the bells and whistles- I own 4 total now- but I've seen 'ebay daily deals' have them new under 400 lately- keep an eye out

Back
Top Bottom