Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Ares upgrade, for me, instant gratification.
1) clean and clear touch sensitive dynamics
2) seemingly broader dynamic range
3) "stringyer" sound. More string nuance heard. More complex tone. More guitar identity heard.
4) easier to dial in tone, more playing, less tweeking
THX

I definitely am getting the stringy sound you speak of. Good way to describe it.

Hi everyone
What the improvement in the Ares ?
I notice a big changes in the presets and some goods and others must tweak.
Can anyone explain me the reason?
Thanks everyone.

Hi everyone
Thanks everyone.

They ported more of the amp modeling from the Axe-FX III. It changed the sound and feel pretty dramatically. It added a bit more gain to some amps as well.

Hi everyone
Thanks everyone.
Please try to find informations before asking. All we know about "Ares" is what you can know aswell: It's in the release notes. Everything else is speculation, which people share here a lot, so you can read it. Only Cliff knows what exactly is the difference between Quantum 10 and Ares 1. Basically you know yourself what's different: The sound! The amps sound different, maybe you like the change, maybe not. But what what the real purpose of those two questions?

Hey am I the only one around here who noticed something weird with the Mark IIC+ model. It just has so much midrange now that I can't get rid off even if I scoop the mids with the EQ. The Presence control seems not to be working very much as well, I don't hear any major difference in sound when I change it. On the Mark IIC++ on the other hand the presence is very sensitive.

Can't seem to connect to my XL2+ to load Ares (or do anything else). First time with new Mac running OSX 10.14.2, old one bricked, so not an option. Can't connect USB, never had a problem before. What am I doing wrong? Not really savvy with this forum thing, so my apologies if this is the wrong place. Tried to call, but no human being available for support. Thanks.

Can't seem to connect to my XL2+ to load Ares (or do anything else). First time with new Mac running OSX 10.14.2, old one bricked, so not an option. Can't connect USB, never had a problem before. What am I doing wrong? Not really savvy with this forum thing, so my apologies if this is the wrong place. Tried to call, but no human being available for support. Thanks.

THANK YOU, Mark Day. Ported all my apps to new laptop, but never reinstalled Mac USB driver. Downloaded, installed, and all is well.

Hey am I the only one around here who noticed something weird with the Mark IIC+ model. It just has so much midrange now that I can't get rid off even if I scoop the mids with the EQ. The Presence control seems not to be working very much as well, I don't hear any major difference in sound when I change it. On the Mark IIC++ on the other hand the presence is very sensitive.

The Mark IIC+ is one of the two amps in my main stereo preset and the heart of my solo sound : no problem spotted with Ares 1.0 here.

Must tweak... Another challenge to everyone... If don’t like always have the chance to go to quantum 10.01 if make the safe presets...Lol.

Back
Top Bottom