Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 5.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I already thought my low power chords had an amazing growl before this update. I'm looking forward to trying this out when I get home tonight!

Sounds BIG. I did some clips with the Recto, Uber, 5153 and Mark IV - AFAIK the Mark IV doesn't have a cathode follower but it sounds pretty slamming in this update anyway.

The first clip with the Recto have a very noticeable difference between 4.03 and 5b. back to riffing.

Sounds great man
I can hear a difference
IMO when you played the SC in drop tuning I could sometimes hear
Almost a scratchiness on the palm mutes almost like there was too much attack and a clipping
Perhaps the low tuning or certain pickups

It was less on the wolf and the les paul but still there

On these clips i hear what everyone is saying it has the characteristics of
A MBC but with a natural low
Open big with great definition

I would say definitely a success mr
Chase

I enjoy Leon’s videos as much as anyone, he’s a valuable resource to the community, but I’m not getting it..... why not simply download and play it instead of waiting for him to make a video about it ?

You can easily revert back with no harm done after all, so why not audition it yourself ?

Second I saw the release I dropped what I was doing and loaded it up, sounds fantastic best I’ve been able to mess around with it. Cliff has never lead me wrong in an update.

Sounds BIG. I did some clips with the Recto, Uber, 5153 and Mark IV - AFAIK the Mark IV doesn't have a cathode follower but it sounds pretty slamming in this update anyway.

The first clip with the Recto have a very noticeable difference between 4.03 and 5b. back to riffing.

So good. And there’s that riff again you played on the 5153. That’s gotta become some new Ragdoll riffage!
I only got a chance to try out the 5153 and the Atomica last night at bedroom volume and they sounded amazing. Gonna give everything some proper volume through the CLR’s when I get home tonight. Happy chugging everyone!

The other thing you should hear is that low power chords growl.

There's a very particular character that my old Recto has when you boost it and play percussive low power chords and djenty single notes (a sound I refer to as squanch) that is very prevalent in the Recto and 5153 in this FW. I chucked it onto an old demo in the clip below.

I also shot out the JTM45 model against the real thing.

This is so much fun!

That’s gotta become some new Ragdoll riffage!

I've been vibing on that riff for a while now and we just finished tracking drums for a song with a tweaked version of that to work better with vocals - I'll have to get around to recording an instrumental version of this riff though.

I enjoy Leon’s videos as much as anyone, he’s a valuable resource to the community, but I’m not getting it..... why not simply download and play it instead of waiting for him to make a video about it ?

You can easily revert back with no harm done after all, so why not audition it yourself ?

Second I saw the release I dropped what I was doing and loaded it up, sounds fantastic best I’ve been able to mess around with it. Cliff has never lead me wrong in an update.
Yes, Ive never waited to install a new FW gift more than a few minutes.,,,,I think lots of people sorta forget about the ease of rollback/backups.....but if you are a regular gigger dependent on your carefully tweaked set....I can see the concern of an early dive....
Those days are behind me, so lets rock the new!

There's a very particular character that my old Recto has when you boost it and play percussive low power chords and djenty single notes (a sound I refer to as squanch) that is very prevalent in the Recto and 5153 in this FW. I chucked it onto an old demo in the clip below.

Wow! That sounds incredible!

I call dibs on this band name.

You can use it but it's going to be so common in modern guitar culture it won't get much attention.

Some examples:

Man you had some serious squanch bong going on at last nights concert!

When you are out with your lady and whip out the squanch bong to serenade and impress her!

Did you see the size of the squanch bong they had? We don't stand a chance!

I just threw all my other modelers out in the yard and set fire to them! Serious squanch bong deficiency!

Squanch bong to the left (panned) and squanch bong to the right (panned)

:p

After ten years and dozen of updates ,again is just like the real deal isn't itI? Jajaja.....
5.0 beta:

Things never sounded better, from clean to mean.

Ran through many of my Amp+Cab presets. Sounds fantastic so far. A few amp blocks may need some minor adjustments.

Make sure to try the Skull Crusher with cabs Legacy 50 and 51. Makes a Recto start crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom