Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.03

Huge breakthrough today. Version 5.00 coming soon. I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent. Gets rid of that crackly sound on palm mutes. Instead you get this nice "bong" and almost piano-like low notes. A/B'ing with my Dual Recto and Soldano X88 and it's spot-on.

The algorithm is pretty complex and adds 10% CPU usage but fortunately the Axe-Fx III has power to spare and it runs on the second CPU so the user won't even notice. Doubt I'll be able to port it to the II though as that CPU is almost maxed out.

I have to enter data for all the amp models but I might be able to have a beta later tonight.
as i mention often, we are on the cutting edge of amp modeling, which is being created from scratch before our very eyes.

it's outstanding, and no one else in the world is doing anything as detailed as this.

realizing this fact, it's why some of us are - dare i say - "protective" of the Axe-Fx concept and this forum. this isn't just some product you pick up off a music store shelf. it's alive.

as i mention often, we are on the cutting edge of amp modeling, which is being created from scratch before our very eyes.

it's outstanding, and no one else in the world is doing anything as detailed as this.

realizing this fact, it's why some of us are - dare i say - "protective" of the Axe-Fx concept and this forum. this isn't just some product you pick up off a music store shelf. it's alive.
And that is exactly why the AXE3 is my amp of choice.

For me, 4.03 makes the Spawn QRod gets really nasty with the MV over 2. Before the block reset and Sat switch off, it was bad over 1

Awesome as heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Only thing better would be if a huge warehouse full of very tiny micro surface mount capacitors suddenly appeared in the FC factory overseas... LoL!!!)

Yes, this is simply amazing!

Can't remember anything alike in the twelve years I'm aboard the FAS train.

I've only been aboard for 2 months, and this rate or progress, loving/living his business, and sharing it with everybody, and not just gold club members, is kinda freaking me out, seems to good to be true, quite amazing, and inspiring in this day and age! Thanks you Cliff and the FAS team.

Huge breakthrough today. Version 5.00 coming soon. I've struggled modeling the cathode follower accurately for, well, forever. Woke up in the middle of the night last night and realized what I've been doing wrong. Spent all day simulating and coding it. The results are excellent. Gets rid of that crackly sound on palm mutes. Instead you get this nice "bong" and almost piano-like low notes. A/B'ing with my Dual Recto and Soldano X88 and it's spot-on.

The algorithm is pretty complex and adds 10% CPU usage but fortunately the Axe-Fx III has power to spare and it runs on the second CPU so the user won't even notice. Doubt I'll be able to port it to the II though as that CPU is almost maxed out.

I have to enter data for all the amp models but I might be able to have a beta later tonight.

Wow! Looks like a big one is coming...
Take your time my friend!

giphy.gif

Awesome, can't wait to give it a spin!

and what could be the reflections in classic style amplifiers?
I'm a "vintage" guy :D

Such a tease!

Sounds fantastic, can’t wait!

Back
Top Bottom