Spring-loaded jacks

I guess to each their own. I’m not a fan. Standard cables don’t give me any trouble. At least one other person has said they are not durable, and they are not reliable to me.

I also use Neutrik Silent plugs without problems. I solder those myself - I don't buy pre-made cables. As others has stated the spring there isn’t so strong as to push the jack out of the socket.

But we all have different experiences. And if standard cables works for you - that's the way to go. People have used standard jacks for more than 60 years now.

But I also think that it is jack output in your guitar that needs to be looked into. Have you tried that?

Yeah, I would think it was the jack as well, but when it happens on pedals, and even the Axe 3 ( have to keep reaching over and pushing it back in an 1/8 of an inch, just the weight of the cable is enough to loosen it) I tend to think it’s the plug.
And not just one cable, but all of them.

Yeah, I would think it was the jack as well, but when it happens on pedals, and even the Axe 3 ( have to keep reaching over and pushing it back in an 1/8 of an inch, just the weight of the cable is enough to loosen it) I tend to think it’s the plug.
And not just one cable, but all of them.
That is really weird.

That’s cool, glad the majority are happy with their purchase. Maybe I had a bad batch that escaped QA, idk. They don’t slip out all the time, like on my guitar, it’s very infrequent, but a few times a month is not welcomed ( in the middle of a song). The pedals are the most sensitive to coming lose. The Axe, when I walk around while playing and recording.

That’s cool, glad the majority are happy with their purchase. Maybe I had a bad batch that escaped QA, idk. They don’t slip out all the time, like on my guitar, it’s very infrequent, but a few times a month is not welcomed ( in the middle of a song). The pedals are the most sensitive to coming lose. The Axe, when I walk around while playing and recording.

The Neutrik webpage actually says the spring loaded plug is supposed to be used on the guitar side only. Are both ends of the cable spring loaded ?

I have three cables with the spring plug. Two I use on pedals and Axe, they “spring” lose if jostled or pulled. These two cables only have the spring plug at one end.
I have a wireless system that has a cable coming down from the shoulder strap, it plugs in my guitar with a spring plug it springs out as well. Often while playing live.
All cables come lose at some point in time about an 1/8th of an inch, just enough to cut the connection.

The Neutrik webpage actually says the spring loaded plug is supposed to be used on the guitar side only. Are both ends of the cable spring loaded ?
I guess this would explain a lot. ( not meant for pedals or rack units.)I never guessed I would have to read the directions and fine print on a guitar cable. So maybe it IS just the guitar jack.
Thanks

I frankly don’t see how this can be a QA issue, the spring there just isn’t thick enough.

Maybe you got some bad knockoffs?

The photo looks legit though.

A puzzling story.

I guess this would explain a lot. ( not meant for pedals or rack units.)I never guessed I would have to read the directions and fine print on a guitar cable. So maybe it IS just the guitar jack.
Thanks

They just don’t work as silent on the receiving end. But they don’t fall out of sockets because of that.

This is another variety that was giving me trouble just yesterday on another jack(pedal) . I don’t know if you can see the sleeve in this picture...
You’re right: I can’t see the sleeve. Can you give us a make/model so we know what to look for?

I use good quality standard cable (Mogami). They never pop out. When using my wireless I use high-quality lava cable. It never pops out. When I want to change guitars, I simply step on the tuner to silence my AX8 in the FOH. Works for me.

I use good quality standard cable (Mogami). They never pop out. When using my wireless I use high-quality lava cable. It never pops out. When I want to change guitars, I simply step on the tuner to silence my AX8 in the FOH. Works for me.
Now don't go and rain on the parade with the way it used to be done.
These new-fangled contraptions.....grumph! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom