FC Controllers Now Shipping!

I dunno. Disappointed people who realize they're going to have to wait again are going to gripe, whether fairly or otherwise. The issue may or may not have been able to have been handled better by Fractal, but speaking for myself, I don't really care at this point. I'm just going to hunker down and try to be patient.

I got on the list July 23 and just got an FC-6 invite. Going to wait for FC-12.

Don't under estimate the 6, I bought one as an interim device, but honestly it works so well, I passed on the 12 when my name was called (not to rub that in lol) because the 6 is so powerful. I thought the 6 was just better than nothing, 100% I needed the 12, but with the way you can change layout screens on the fly, have dedicated buttons take you to other layouts etc, I found I just don't need the 12.

For example, I thought the 6 was going to be way too few switches. I thought I needed at 2 for bank up down, and I'd want to have scenes etc, with everything readily available, so naturally needed like 12 switches. BUT the 6 (and the 12 too) is so cleverly thought out that you can hit one button, and enter the preset select layout, which then can have a bank size 6 presets, and you can tell it to automatically change layout back to your scene or effects etc layout after you select a preset, so you don't really need the presets dedicated to certain buttons as they automatically can change back, letting you do a lot more with far few switches than you'd imagine. Plus you can do things like have per preset switches so each patch has the specific controls you want/need, and you don't need to have a whole layout of each and every effect, with most of them not loaded. You just have the switches for the effects that specific preset has, which also works really brilliantly.

Not knocking the 12, I'm sure it get, but the 6 does so much, so well, and its cheaper and saves a lot of space on a stage. Plus, it might be far easier to get sooner, so don't automatically write it off. As I said, I thought it was a stop gap, but ended up being all the more I need

Don't under estimate the 6, I bought one as an interim device, but honestly it works so well, I passed on the 12 when my name was called (not to rub that in lol) because the 6 is so powerful. I thought the 6 was just better than nothing, 100% I needed the 12, but with the way you can change layout screens on the fly, have dedicated buttons take you to other layouts etc, I found I just don't need the 12.

For example, I thought the 6 was going to be way too few switches. I thought I needed at 2 for bank up down, and I'd want to have scenes etc, with everything readily available, so naturally needed like 12 switches. BUT the 6 (and the 12 too) is so cleverly thought out that you can hit one button, and enter the preset select layout, which then can have a bank size 6 presets, and you can tell it to automatically change layout back to your scene or effects etc layout after you select a preset, so you don't really need the presets dedicated to certain buttons as they automatically can change back, letting you do a lot more with far few switches than you'd imagine. Plus you can do things like have per preset switches so each patch has the specific controls you want/need, and you don't need to have a whole layout of each and every effect, with most of them not loaded. You just have the switches for the effects that specific preset has, which also works really brilliantly.

Not knocking the 12, I'm sure it get, but the 6 does so much, so well, and its cheaper and saves a lot of space on a stage. Plus, it might be far easier to get sooner, so don't automatically write it off. As I said, I thought it was a stop gap, but ended up being all the more I need

My LF+Jr+ has 8 switches with all of the programmability of the FC and more. Unfortunately, the Liquid Foot configuration software and support tends to be frustrating so I want to go all Fractal.

I want access to all 8 scenes at once. Plus it would be nice to view more presets at once when I need find a special preset for a song that isn't my setlist (happens quite a bit when our band gets requests). Frankly, an FC-6 seems like an odd and limiting choice for a device with 8 scenes. An FC-8 would have been perfect. The FC-12 is more than I need but the 6 isn't enough so I'll continue the waiting.

So funny! My wife asks me the same question. This forum is good therapy for me. I do wish they could deliver all to us, I truly do. I also understand the ins and outs of production and sourcing because it is my profession. Were all in this together! LOL!

That's a little scary, I got my Axefxlll as a Christmas present from my wife, she keeps asking me why I'm not using it when I play out I just say I don't have a foot controller yet. 7 month wait I almost wish I wouldn't have gotten the axefxlll, I hope they ramp up the production, how many units are they getting a month 5,10 20 there should be 100 + a week or more unless there's just one or two people building them. Just depressing[/QUOT

8B150C79-B6EC-4C82-80BA-AB029E458B76.jpeg
I'm cool with it. Waited before... Will wait again...
I just like a good group therapy whine/cry post in here every so often... LoL! o_O:eek::confused::D:cool:
Yep I’m with you I can’t wait to use an Fc12 but I’m good with it. I’m sure we will all have one soon.
I had my therapy last night we played a benefit gig at American Legion post 392 and raised over $3000.00 to help the post get a new roof from being damaged from Hurricane Michael.

That doesn't get a little complicated if say your singer calls an audible and you have a couple of drinks in you?

With the Ax8 for example I have 1-8 set to scenes, a 3 db boost, and a couple of individual effects on/off. Then I press and hold F1 to go to preset select, where all of my live presets are in one bank and I hit 1-8 to choose. I can handle that, but any more complicated may make me a little error prone.

I'm holding out for a 12, but I'd be all for convincing myself I could live with the 6.

That doesn't get a little complicated if say your singer calls an audible and you have a couple of drinks in you?

With the Ax8 for example I have 1-8 set to scenes, a 3 db boost, and a couple of individual effects on/off. Then I press and hold F1 to go to preset select, where all of my live presets are in one bank and I hit 1-8 to choose. I can handle that, but any more complicated may make me a little error prone.

I'm holding out for a 12, but I'd be all for convincing myself I could live with the 6.

Been no problems yet, thing is just so well thought out. The custom colored rings for each layout, along with the dribble strips and the big LCD make it really clear whatever layout your on. Preset select is green, the name of each preset is on each button, change to scene mode and each button is red, and again labeled, effects control is blue etc. you can change these of course but it makes it really simple to know where your at, and what each switch will do, IMO

My LF+Jr+ has 8 switches with all of the programmability of the FC and more. Unfortunately, the Liquid Foot configuration software and support tends to be frustrating so I want to go all Fractal.

I want access to all 8 scenes at once. Plus it would be nice to view more presets at once when I need find a special preset for a song that isn't my setlist (happens quite a bit when our band gets requests). Frankly, an FC-6 seems like an odd and limiting choice for a device with 8 scenes. An FC-8 would have been perfect. The FC-12 is more than I need but the 6 isn't enough so I'll continue the waiting.

I actually have all 8 scenes on one layout

Button 1 toggles 1/2, button 2 and 3 are scenes 3 and 4, then button 4 and 5 have scenes 5 and 6, with 7 and 8 as a hold. I typically don’t need more than a few, but should I use scene 8 for soemthing, it’s as easy to access as just holding the switch for half a second.

Not perfect for everyone’s needs, but surprisingly effective for me. Between the 8 layouts and the tap and hold functions for each switch, per layout, and the linked layouts, you can do an amazing amount of control with just a very limited number of switches .

Maybe you have not been following along?

They did not say they "had a product"... They said the would have one and that you could get in line ahead of time to buy one when it became available. And by the way, they would not take any money for this - unlike other products in my personal experience.

And then the product launch was delayed by a world wide component shortage. Out of their hands... As far as I know, this is still a problem.

Now they do have some units and those are being sold and shipped as they are available.

If they had NOT announced the FC pedals until they had a giant inventory ready to ship, people would be pissed off that they just spent $1500 on an RJM MGMT to control the Axe Fx III when Fractal could have told them they were making a product specific device...
This is a follow up to Unix_Guy, not a rebuttal.

All that and... capital. Building up a large inventory pre sale ties up the liquidity of a lot of capital.

Small companies in my experience are very strategic (and conservative) in how they leverage their liquidity position. They have to.

Add in that this is a brand new product. That is a lot of risk for a small business to absorb. Hypothetically imagine if they had ordered, 50,000 FC-6 and 35,000 FC-12 upfront thinking the FC-6 would be the big mover. Then the FC-12s sell out and they are sitting on say (hypothetically again) 30,000 FC-6. That would place Fractal in a very akward liquidity position.

By doing a phased rollout they better manage their risk and strike a stronger liquidity position.

That's a little scary, I got my Axefxlll as a Christmas present from my wife, she keeps asking me why I'm not using it when I play out I just say I don't have a foot controller yet. 7 month wait I almost wish I wouldn't have gotten the axefxlll, I hope they ramp up the production, how many units are they getting a month 5,10 20 there should be 100 + a week or more unless there's just one or two people building them. Just depressing

At least you got the III at Christmas with the $250 permanent sale price drop

If you're unsure about the 6 because of the reduced footprint, I put together a video showcasing just how powerful it is when you set up your layouts.

Thanks for sharing that very cool tips really dig the kitchen sink :D

I guess I was spoiled by Mesa/boogie then. You’d think for a small company, that many here praise, you’d get better service. I guess not.
At least there is a warranty. I bought my wife an IPOD for $400 years back. It came with a 30 day warranty.

Just got the fc12 last week and this thing is so so robust and heavy duty. Got everything set up for now so I can take it out live.after setting it up, I probably could of lived with the fc 6 but with this set up, I have even more flexibility. Now I am content

When did you get on the waitlist. I’ve been on since November so trying to ball park it.

When did you get on the waitlist. I’ve been on since November so trying to ball park it.

I got in the waitlist back in February. But I found somebody who didn’t use their invite and they kindly gave me theirs. So I’ll just use this for now and hopefully when my name is called I’ll sell this one and buy a new one because fractal doesn’t warranty stuff if you’re not the original purchaser i guess. Even if you get it brand new

Back
Top Bottom