Wish Matching cab suggestion

would love to see the amp block have a button that possibly launches a cab block with maybe the original matching cab or similar. It would really save time scrolling thru factory content and would also allow us to hear the amp as its intended when demoing sounds.

+1 This or variation of this have been requested since the Axe-Fx II and it's built-in IR's.

In the mean time, Yek's put a lot of effort in the Wiki which suggests Amp/Cabinet pairings which is useful as a starting point.

I ammended my post but I'll repeat it here:

I should clarify that I'm not providing an edict when I mention the armchair software development. Go ahead and speculate away. I'm providing some context on why you look like an a total jerk when you do it.

Speculating on what is HARD to do is exactly like speculating on what is EASY to do, both have no baring in reality as none of us is coding the Axe Fx, i dont see how you make a distinction between the two assumptions, but again, its your world, your the moderator and ill do as you say boss.

Speculating what is HARD to do is exactly like speculating what is EASY to do, both have no bare in reality as none of us is coding the Axe Fx, i dont see how you make a distinction between the two assumptions, but again, its your world, your the moderator and ill do as you say boss.
One errs on the side of humility, the other does not.

One errs on the side of humility, the other does not.

I should clarify that I'm not providing an edict when I mention the armchair software development. Go ahead and speculate away. I'm providing some context on why you look like an a total jerk when you do it.
Calling someone a Jerk is certainly not adding you any grace or humility.... Far from it...

Last edited:
I honestly think this and other similar conversations really boil down to “I want someone to tell me what settings to use so I can just play.” It’s not a bad wish. It’s a concept for all gear since for a long time now. With digital, people buy an Axe and wonder why they don’t sound exactly like the record or like that guy on YouTube even with the same preset.

I disagree with that statement. I see this more of a, "In real life I can buy an amp and it's usual matching cabinet" A good example - Orange amps. Yeah you could do it yourself with a few more clicks - but this is about speed and ease of use.

You could also say, "Just ignore the knobs that are not in the original amp", Yet we now have an Authentic Tab. I call that progress.

Last edited:
I disagree with that statement. I see this more of a, "In real life I can buy an amp and it's usual matching cabinet" A good example - Orange amps. Yeah you could do it yourself with a few more clicks - but this is about speed and ease of use.

You could also say, "Just ignore the knobs that are not in the original amp", Yet we know have an Authentic Tab. I call that progress.

True, or Option. Simplicity is also an "Option" even if it less complex.

OK, lets not do it then.
I'm not sure why every comment you make requires this level of sarcasm or snarkiness? You engender more of the same by replying this way.

I never said it wouldn't be useful or that I disagree with the idea.

I'm merely pointing out that assuming the difficulty of implementation when you have no idea of what is involved is a bad idea.

I'm not sure why every comment you make requires this level of sarcasm or snarkiness? You engender more of the same by replying this way.

I never said it wouldn't be useful or that I disagree with the idea.

I'm merely pointing out that assuming the difficulty of implementation when you have no idea of what is involved is a bad idea.

You chose to cling to the least important part of my post. OK its difficult. I personally found that part of my "Education" not called for. You choose to be on the offended side, more power to you, but don't think your reply was innocent.

You chose to cling to the least important part of my post. OK its difficult. I personally found that part of my "Education" not called for. You choose to be on the offended side, more power to you, but don't think your reply was innocent.
Ok... I've tried to be civil with you but apparently that doesn't work.

Ignore list for you now. I really have no need to see anything you have to offer.

Bye!

Ok... I've tried to be civil with you but apparently that doesn't work.

Ignore list for you now. I really have no need to see anything you have to offer.

Bye!

You could have been civil before going on the attack, Not sure what you want...
Saying your "Always frustrated" with assumption of ease on a Wish thread is offensive in its passive aggressive way.

I see this feature, in the many ways it can be implemented, an issue of approach and workflow. Yes, many of you have been in the modeling ecosystem for many years, have put in a lot of work on sound creation and it’s commendable. Others like me are newer, even though I owned the original POD Pro but no other modeling hardware in between. I love scrolling through stuff, mixing and matching and agree there is no firm “right” sound or cab for a given amp. Even if, there are many different mic positions and choices often of that cab. Still, given the newfound and seemingly universally loved authentic tab, it’s evident there is interest in a streamlined workflow for some. Personally I fall on both sides of that camp. I have no idea what’s involved in implementing this so won’t even pretend. Clearly though, there is interest.

I'd put money on an amp+cab link capability having the same 90/10 split positive reaction as authentic amp controls, plus the old hands still get to leave it turned off if u like.

This latest 4.x modelling is so real sounding, it's leaving little else place to go for forward development save user accessibility enhancement. I bet the same outcry was heard from early computer wizards when Microsoft developed the means for Blue Collar Joe to use a computer without needing to know code and speak MS-DOS. Just click the little cartoon icon with the arrow...

I'd put money on an amp+cab link capability having the same 90/10 split positive reaction as authentic amp controls, plus the old hands still get to leave it turned off if u like.

This latest 4.x modelling is so real sounding, it's leaving little else place to go for forward development save user accessibility enhancement. I bet the same outcry was heard from early computer wizards when Microsoft developed the means for Blue Collar Joe to use a computer without needing to know code and speak MS-DOS. Just click the little cartoon icon with the arrow...

Absolutely, but watch out before you get stoned here. I was called a Jerk for this couple hours ago by the moderator, no less

You're in someone else's house dude, it's not exactly a public forum. Bring the ideas but leave the rest at the door, they don't have to agree with you for it to go on record. If someone is bent on ventilating your suggestion, good chance they were already like that before you got here, it's probably not personal. Just patch up the holes they put in the fundamental and let the rest blow away like the dust it is.

patch-to-fix-drywall-kit-how-repair-damaged-after-removing-tile-hole-in-howtos-diy-3m-crack-spray-home-decor-wood-cleats-for-tape-along-seams-and-wall-large-the.jpg

You're in someone else's house dude, it's not exactly a public forum. Bring the ideas but leave the rest at the door, they don't have to agree with you for it to go on record. If someone is bent on ventilating your suggestion, good chance they were already like that before you got here, it's probably not personal. Just patch up the holes they put in the fundamental and let the rest blow away like the dust it is.

Not fun..

Or maybe in cab block, there could be a roll down menu, with all the possible amps in Axe fx, so it could suggest a cobble (5-20) of factory IR, for this particular amp you select. Seems to be some kind of mapping.. In use that function, only the suggested cabs, will be visible. Of course its allowed to choose another amp in the cab block, than you have actually in the amp block, and it should be possible to add own cab to this suggestion.. It would be some kind of mapping..

Back
Top Bottom