Wish Less latency in the pitch shifter

zambiland

My previous multi-effect was a Lexicon MPX G2 and one thing it did pretty well was pitch shifting with useable latency. I'm a bass player and I want to have an credible octave down and the FX8 just doesn't do it. Especially when coupled with an envelope filter (basic Bootsy tones). The FX8 is over a decade newer than the G2, so it should be able to handle pitch as well as such an ancient box.

Although this doesn’t address the pitch block latency, I find the ring mod set to track the pitch is the best and fastest octave down. especially for bass. Reminds me more of the time of the brown boss octave.

Although this doesn’t address the pitch block latency, I find the ring mod set to track the pitch is the best and fastest octave down. especially for bass. Reminds me more of the time of the brown boss octave.
Oh. I need to try this!

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom