Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 4.03

I believe we now have enough members available in this thread to start and sign up for the new FAS Master Beta Program.

Side effects may include a sudden decrease in visual acuity. Check with your spiritual counselor prior to joining to see if the new FAS Master Beta Program is right for you! :D

Cathode Follower Compression: 74%
Cathode Follower Ratio: 0.35

ok this just did exactly what i've been trying to get the preamp to do with Recto 2 Red Modern for like 2 years trying to science the preamp settings, to get the preamp to breakup softly without having to hit it as hard, like the early 3-channel rectos did. I thought the dynamics page was just post-amp studio icing like the cab preamp, i didn't think it was part of the amp front end :eek:....*nose dives into cathode follower google search*

I might be imagining things, but I swear I can hear it...turned up the master on Recto 2 Red Modern to 10, and it sounds like there is DI coming through, the same way a drive block can let DI through. Maybe it's just so much blocking distortion it's gone all the way back around to clean

I had installed 4.02 and last night noticed that "blocking/farting" sound on the Brit Mod 800 (but not on the #34 or 800).

I haven't been able to do a comprehensive search (or install 4.03), but has 4.03 fixed that?

I had installed 4.02 and last night noticed that "blocking/farting" sound on the Brit Mod 800 (but not on the #34 or 800).

I haven't been able to do a comprehensive search (or install 4.03), but has 4.03 fixed that?
Think so

After messing with the Legato for a while id say things are better. I made a comparison clip of a Recto2 preset with 3.02 and 4.03. The latter is tighter with a smidge less gain. The earlier has a touch more gain but has a boomier low end.

I might be imagining things, but I swear I can hear it...turned up the master on Recto 2 Red Modern to 10, and it sounds like there is DI coming through, the same way a drive block can let DI through. Maybe it's just so much blocking distortion it's gone all the way back around to clean
I was getting that on playback when I recorded USB. Didn't hear it when I played the first time.

I need to go through all the amp models and check the values. Once I'm done with that I'll release (yet another) firmware. The new firmware will automatically update the cathode follower values on existing presets.

I would have ended with ‘however recent indicators that the efforts to provide rapid turn-around may be frowned upon, constitute a long weekend’...

I know that’s not the context, or intention, but it is in fact, the demotivating outcome.

Yes.

Ignore those values I posted earlier for the Recto models. I was looking at the wrong simulation file. The default values are correct. The problem with the Recto and SLO models is the bias excursion for one of the tube stages is wrong but that value is not exposed to the user.

Stumbled on an obscure high pitch frequency bug.

I can replicate it consistently with the following;

Input 1 > 5153 50W Blue > Cab > Output 1
adjust power tube mismatch to around -0.128
add a second amp block
Make fun noises while adjusting the presence or other parameters in the power tube section

Stumbled on an obscure high pitch frequency bug.

I can replicate it consistently with the following;

Input 1 > 5153 50W Blue > Cab > Output 1
adjust power tube mismatch to around -0.128
add a second amp block
Make fun noises while adjusting the presence or other parameters in the power tube section
Confirmed and reported on.

Preset attached that replicates the behavior.

Nice catch.

Attachments

• Bad Amp Interaction.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
I know I mentioned this before. I have used Band Commander for an amp block for several clean presets, ever since I got the AXE III, and with the XL+. All of a sudden after this last or maybe starting with 4.0 update, It is muffled, flubby, boomy, bassy distorted, etc.. I finally figured out what the issue is. The default for the master volume, before the updates, was 5 and now it is 10. Now I'm not totally sure if I changed it at some point and it stayed that way, after refreshing or not. But, as a habit, and being as I only use 10 presets for live gigs, I always refresh my amps, in my presets' amp blocks. I do this for every update, to make sure I get new settings, enhancements, etc.. I then tweak from there, if needed. When I refresh now, the Band Commander master volume always goes to 10, causing the bad bottom end. So my question is, is this the new default setting or some small bug?

Back
Top Bottom