2 amp / 2 Cab Limit on Axe-Fx III ? Why ?

2 amp blocks with 4 channels each = 8 amps per patch (2 simultaneously)

2 cab blocks that load 4 ir's each, that can be mixed/matched any way you want. 4 channels for each cab block = 16 irs per block = 32 cabs per preset (8 simultaneously). 2 ir player blocks per preset that load a single ir x 4 channels each = 8 more ir's (2 simultaneously)

So 10 cab irs and one tone match block can run simultaneously in one preset while having an inventory of 40 cabs instantly available through channels. :eek:

There are over 2,000 factory ir's and over 2,000 user ir slots :eek:

There's more cpu horsepower (2 -3 times that of the II) available for more complex effects, more effect instances, effect chains and routing and more complex amp modeling.

The interface is a huge upgrade from previous units

Major usb audio interface upgrade

The effects upgrades/additions are almost to numerous to count :eek:
it’s just not enough! https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/more.148478/

Do you really need to do that again?

While it’s totally unfair to compare the number of amp blocks and come to the conclusion, based on that comparison, that the II and the III are the same, this particular request isn’t a simple “we want more” thing. As far as use cases affected by the limit of two blocks are concerned, all the problems that were present in the II are still there in the III, despite vastly more power and numerous other improvements. The use cases may be marginal or not concern you personally, but dissing them as childish is attacking the opponent’s credibility instead of arguing a point. That’s just not a good faith method of discussion, and it’s also unnecessarily provocative.

2 amp blocks with 4 channels each = 8 amps per patch (2 simultaneously)

Nicely said, very nice! Seems everyone forgets that word, simultaneously, which is the true limit. If you need more than two amps at the same time then me thinks you are but compensating for a shortage of skill or talent. And if it really is that big of a deal buy TWO Axe-FX III, and then you can have four amps simultaneously!!

wine-glass_1f377.png

I'm sorry Chris, but 2 amp blocks is not enough for various cases... Already listed in the 3 amp blocks thread, no need to recall this back.

But it's also useless to keep putting us as wanna have guys, wanting more and more...
We'd just want it because it's natural evolution over gen2.
Even helix has more amp blocks ...

Anyway, if you're always happy with what you have it's good for you, but don't be sarcastic

But I actually want 3 amp blocks. And 3 cab blocks. *shrug*

What probably happened is he made a firmware with 3 amp blocks, gave it to Metallica who originated the request, then they all decided it didn’t work out.

But I actually want 3 amp blocks. And 3 cab blocks. *shrug*

What probably happened is he made a firmware with 3 amp blocks, gave it to Metallica who originated the request, then they all decided it didn’t work out.
Maybe, but then why keep on ridiculising people asking . ..
We've already encountered many cases where Cliff said it wouldn't be possible or it would be hard and... Implemented
In Cliff i trust

Maybe, but then why keep on ridiculising people asking . ..
We've already encountered many cases where Cliff said it wouldn't be possible or it would be hard and... Implemented
In Cliff i trust
i am not ridiculing anyone. i have not disagreed with the request or wish. my "more" thread is a commentary on how much "more" people are asking for all at the same time. it's hard to realize if you don't put it all in one place. how can all that "more" happen right now?

did i ever say "all of that request shouldn't happen"? i said "we want a lot."

Yeah, or maybe a bunch of aliens came and threatened extinction of mankind if oversampling is ever reduced.
that seems a bit far-fetched to me.
Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.26.58 AM.png

It obviously is, but so is all the hypothesizing about the request not being implemented because “it didn’t work”. We don’t know whether it was even tried. And if it was, what was the result exactly.

i am not ridiculing anyone. i have not disagreed with the request or wish. my "more" thread is a commentary on how much "more" people are asking for all at the same time. it's hard to realize if you don't put it all in one place. how can all that "more" happen right now?

did i ever say "all of that request shouldn't happen"? i said "wow we want a lot."

View attachment 53166
Come on, you just keep on emiting ironic comments everywhere more amp blocks are requested. .

And your thread on "More" is just the same : see how people dare asking always more, shouldn't they say thanks and shut-up ?

see how people dare asking always more, shouldn't they say thanks and shut-up ?
i am 100% not saying that at all.

you just keep on emiting ironic comments everywhere more amp blocks are requested.
what exactly did i say?

here's one thing:

"I can see people with 3 guitarists plugged into one Axe3 doing this. Or 2 guitar 1 bass. Or the synth, guitar, piezo guy. I personally could use 2 amp blocks for clean/dirty morphing and the 3rd for my acoustic guitar signal for different flavors. There is that “amp as a drive pedal” thing too.

I don’t see majority of users doing it, but with the capability, some will always find a way to cram it in there."

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/three-amp-blocks.141345/#post-1674839

i just went through all 25 pages of that locked thread and don't see where i disagreed with the idea at all.

Last edited:
Cool, so we can finally abandon this segway about people wanting more for the heck of it and get back to discussing the number of amp blocks, right?
i was responding to NeoSound and then got attacked by 2 people :''''''''''(

i STILL haven't disagreed with any of these requests.

i'm gonna go back to voluntarily testing things, helping customers, and reporting to the team during my day off.

i'll check back in a few. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom