Axe-Edit constantly loses connection

As title says Axe-Edit constantly loses connection to my Axe-FX II Mark II on Windows 10.
I've tried re-installing Axe-Edit several times, tried using different USB cables, but the problems remains. Anyone else have any advice or have experience something similar?

I have the same problem and I have to close Axe-Edit in task manager and then to restart my FX II to make Edit work again.

Hi, did you loose connection after pressing a button of the footswitch? Each time a button is pressed, communication with axe edit will be paused.

Hi, did you loose connection after pressing a button of the footswitch? Each time a button is pressed, communication with axe edit will be paused.

No, this is simply through using Axe-Edit for the most basic controls. And like the previous poster I have to restart the Axe-FX II in order to get it to work again - although sometimes even that doesn't work.

Try delete your current FAS driver, load it down and install again. This helps mostly by me with Windows 10. The Updates of Windows sometimes distroy the FAS driver.

Edit: if this doesn't help do the same with Axe Edit. Delete it, load it down from the FAS site and install again.

I have the same problem.

It is a reported known issue.

Since the machine is discontinued, probably the only fixes to Axe Edit will be to display the Ares updates.

I've been having this issue a lot lately. I've tried different USB cables and I don't think that's the problem. It seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to determine what's causing it. Once it happens, communication with Cab-Lab is also lost as well. As mentioned above, the only way to reconnect is to reboot the Axe-FX II unit. I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, so I'll see if that helps.

Having the same issue. The connection is just gone. Have to restart Axe and Windows to get the connection back. Bummer...
Didn’t Cliff say months ago he found the reason for this and could remedy it? Looks like the bug is still there, though...

BTW, in case AxeEdit is adapted to the new Ares firmware someone should have a look at the intelligent harmoniser in AxeEdit too. The ‚user definable‘ (don’t remember the exact word) option is unusable in AxeEdit. Maybe we do get lucky and get a bugfree AxeEdit as a farewell present for the AF2? :)

Tried re-installing drivers and axe-edit many times, tried different USB cables, tried different PCs and STILL having disconnects.

Clearly this is an issue, and has been for awhile, but no bother to try to fix it?

I don’t get it. For a device that’s already difficult to edit, why not at least properly maintain the editing software?

Does your computer have a motherboard accelerator program running on it? I have to tweak a friends Helix with my computer and if my motherboard accelerator is running it immediately crashes my computer.To solve the Helix issue I have to go into Task Manager and shut the accelerator program down. Never had a problem with my AxeII Mk1 but I thought I would just throw that out there just in case it helps someone.

I have the same problem... I was wondering if it's because I have both PC and the MFC-101 hooked up to the Fractal at the same time?

Does your computer have a motherboard accelerator program running on it? I have to tweak a friends Helix with my computer and if my motherboard accelerator is running it immediately crashes my computer.To solve the Helix issue I have to go into Task Manager and shut the accelerator program down. Never had a problem with my AxeII Mk1 but I thought I would just throw that out there just in case it helps someone.

This happens on my new Acer Nitro 5 laptop as well as my PC (I'm not sure if it has accelerator or not but I don't think that's the issue).
I'm pretty positive it's just buggy software that needs attention but is not getting it.

I recall reading a post about Chrome causing problems with connections. If you have that running, shutting it down might be worth a try.

I have the same problem... I was wondering if it's because I have both PC and the MFC-101 hooked up to the Fractal at the same time?

90% of the time I use my Axe Fx II, I have my MFC-101 connected and the Axe hooked up via USB with Axe Edit open. Been doing this almost everyday for 2 years and never had disconnection problems. Not even once. The only "disconnection" that happens is Axe Edit pausing communications with the Axe FX II because it recognized a button on the MFC was pressed.

@stickyresin Have you tried hooking up other USB devices to the ports where you're having trouble with? If so, I wonder if there's something wrong with the USB jack on the Axe FX. Sounds like you've been pretty thorough in your testing.

Back
Top Bottom