Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

Stupid question, but I haven't played in a while and when I loaded up Fractal Bot it downloaded Q11 - is this actually Ares 1.x or do I need to download that separately? Q to me would indicate Quantum and not Ares but figure I'll be the derp to ask the dum dum questions, wasn't seeing much info on this elsewhere.

Thanks!

I wasn’t being irritating look at that comment by yek I did nothing to justify that kind of negativity he needs to get banned
O and so do you and Unix guy
People message me on here afraid to post about good stuff because of you couple of nay sayers :) lighten up
I've been trying really hard not to add you to my ignore list... But you make it really hard.

Yes... Yek, Chris and I definitely should be banned. We don't contribute anything to the forum. You are a beacon of wisdom and a font of knowledge.

And you don't annoy anyone or post rude comments...

Bye!

Stupid question, but I haven't played in a while and when I loaded up Fractal Bot it downloaded Q11 - is this actually Ares 1.x or do I need to download that separately? Q to me would indicate Quantum and not Ares but figure I'll be the derp to ask the dum dum questions, wasn't seeing much info on this elsewhere.

Thanks!

“I might describe this as Quantum 11 featuring Ares 1.0”

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...s-1-00-public-beta.147262/page-6#post-1740648

I don’t think it would be the last one I think we might get the drive improvements and the authentic controls We need to go deep into meditation and create good energies and receive quality

Cliff made it pretty clear that the Axe II is done, pending bug updates (such as the one he's already announced). There's no point in spreading information like this and giving people unjustified expectations. Give it a rest and enjoy the product in its (almost) final form.

First of all, major thanks to the Cliff and the Fractal staff for a stellar product and the best customer service ever. In fact, you guys have rewritten the book all together. Also a shout out to a great community, ask a question and just watch how many folks offer help!

Now that I have sucked up a little....

I have a question. The gain parameter meter on the speaker compression page is no longer working and it doesn't seem to make any difference where I set the compression parameter.The axeII wiki says, "If using a solid-state amp into a traditional cab I would recommend Speaker Compression and Compliance not be zero." I get the idea that speaker compression should be working along side the compliance parameter.

Sorry if I have missed something along the way and thanks in advance for the help. And yes, that is an actual picture of me playing guitar.

Well all good things come to an end :) As many have said, I can't think of another company that puts this much support into its products. What amazing service.

In a way its almost a relief lol :) we can kick back and enjoy an amazing device now without the stress of wondering if we need to tweak to take full advantage of new updates :0

Thanks all at FAS for such an amazing device.

Very good sounding Firmware, the beta also the final Firmware. The Class A amps are sounding great now in the final version - crispy highs but also can get punchy. Thank your for this - are great appetizer for the III.

The Friedman 2018 HBE shows another name in Axe Edit - B 45 something?

Very good sounding Firmware, the beta also the final Firmware. The Class A amps are sounding great now in the final version - crispy highs but also can get punchy. Thank your for this - are great appetizer for the III.

The Friedman 2018 HBE shows another name in Axe Edit - B 45 something?

Did you refresh AE?

I was a little bored the other day and I was flipping though amps, man that Spawn Nitrous is awesome, it’s like a JCM800 decided it wanted to become a Recto.

Huge bottom (too much if you’re not careful), tons of gain on tap, and tight enough to not really need a boost for metal (though I still like to use one).

I haven’t used this model in a couple years so I don’t know how much it has changed. In the past I always thought the Splawn models were too dark and they were hard to make clear and open sounding, but it wasn’t so hard this time, just keeping presence and treble up, a bit of a boost to the ‘bright’ knob, and there you go.

Dang still another revision coming. Well hopefully next one will get all the bugs.

Thanks for the continued support.

I know that we're being spoiled already with the ares modeling in the II, but as long as you're adding both models of the SVT could we also get the FAS Skull Crusher? I've always loved the FAS models, and have pushed for more of your signature creations. This particular model sounds like it's right up my alley. If not not that's okay. I am currently saving up for the III. Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication.

I know that we're being spoiled already with the ares modeling in the II, but as long as you're adding both models of the SVT could we also get the FAS Skull Crusher? I've always loved the FAS models, and have pushed for more of your signature creations. This particular model sounds like it's right up my alley. If not not that's okay. I am currently saving up for the III. Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication.

I have a feeling if he did this, it would turn into a never-ending "one more request" situation from everyone in creation. Gotta put the nail in the coffin sometime.

Back
Top Bottom