Axe-Edit III 1.01.01

Yep. It's awesome. AC-30s have minimal knobbage; At first I thought they were missing knobs, but considering there're multiple channels, the Authentic page captures each of the channels' controls. The TB circuit has the most with the Input drive (Volume) Treble, Bass, High Cut, and for some reason, an "input trim" (all amps still have input trim in the Authentic page, which is weird to me, but whatevs). My misgivings with the Timmy were ignored, so I don't imagine my opinion here means much more lol!

I'm having a blast with the authentic controls. As mentioned earlier, it's so much more plug-and-play; I've been jamming on some random amp all evening just because it's less intimidating! I love it.

Do you guys never stop??
Thanks a bunch!
Pauly

Axe-Edit III 1.01.01 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION
  • Added GAIN meter to the GATE block.
  • Corrected the behavior of the Pin control in the Picker Window
  • Updated the AMP block to reflect both the Authentic and Ideal "Tone Control Display" view in firmware 3.02.
    • Added "Authentic" page.
    • The previous editor's "Basic" page is now the "Ideal" page.
    • Added Preferences option to default the AMP block to the "Ideal" page upon initial view. This option is unchecked by default. Axe-Edit must be restarted for the new setting to take effect.

Would love to see a screen cap. of this page for the AC30. I’m still on the Axe-Fx II.

Class-A 30W: Normal channel of non-Top Boost AC-30
1. Class-A 30W Normal channel.jpg

Class-A 30W BRT: Bright channel of non-Top Boost AC-30
2. Class-A 30W BRT Bright channel.jpg

Class-A 30W TB: Top Boost channel of the AC-30 Handwired
3. Class-A 30W TB Top Boost channel.jpg

Class-A 30W HOT: Hot mode of the AC-30 Handwired

4. Class-A 30W HOT Hot mode.jpg

Last edited:
Thank for the continuous effort. Outstanding work!
Just a minor thing I noticed: The authentic page of the USA (Mark) models are missing the FAT switch which is an authentic control on the Mark Series. I know that it's listed under "ideal" but for the sake of authenticity you might consider adding to "authentic" as well. The same applies to the presence shift control of the Mark IV models.

Axe-Edit III 1.01.01 is now available via auto-update or from our website:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-iii-edit/

Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 3.02

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
* Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
* Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
* Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION
  • Added GAIN meter to the GATE block.
  • Corrected the behavior of the Pin control in the Picker Window
  • Updated the AMP block to reflect both the Authentic and Ideal "Tone Control Display" view in firmware 3.02.
    • Added "Authentic" page.
    • The previous editor's "Basic" page is now the "Ideal" page.
    • Added Preferences option to default the AMP block to the "Ideal" page upon initial view. This option is unchecked by default. Axe-Edit must be restarted for the new setting to take effect.
Michael, you and the entire FAS team are awesome!!!!

Michael, great job! Works like a charm, and so intuitive... thank you!

I did see something; I am not sure its really a bug - could also be my configuration somehow. On CS Midi it looks like Edit expects 126 to be the top "On", so if on front panel we use 127, in Edit it comes up "--".

Thank for the continuous effort. Outstanding work!
Just a minor thing I noticed: The authentic page of the USA (Mark) models are missing the FAT switch which is an authentic control on the Mark Series. I know that it's listed under "ideal" but for the sake of authenticity you might consider adding to "authentic" as well. The same applies to the presence shift control of the Mark IV models.

My take on this:

That would require a different design choice.

AE is a client to the III. It follows the hardware as closely as possible. And that's proven to be a very solid approach.

The III can't display the FAT switch or Presence Shift on the Authentic page, simply because there doesn't seem enough room for those controls. [EDIT: but ...]

And because the hardware doesn't show them, AE doesn't either.

I updated Axe Fx 3 and Axe edit but now when I save my Phaser block to any channel...when i switch channels it changes whatever I had set up to what I set up on the previous channel...anyone else having this issue?

I tried other blocks and they work fine so it's just the Phaser block that isn't saving channels correctly....

It is happening with the delay block as well...! but not a few of the others...very curious...

Last edited:
I updated Axe Fx 3 and Axe edit but now when I save my Phaser block to any channel...when i switch channels it changes whatever I had set up to what I set up on the previous channel...anyone else having this issue?

I tried other blocks and they work fine so it's just the Phaser block that isn't saving channels correctly....

It is happening with the delay block as well...! but not a few of the others...very curious...
what does "save my Phaser block to any channel" mean?

do you mean that you
change to a Channel in the Phaser block,
adjust settings,
save the preset,
then change channels,
the new channel has the old channel settings?

do you mean that you
adjust settings,
save the preset,
then change channels,

That's right...I set up channel A then switch to channel B and setup another style Phaser or Delay and then when I switch back to channel A it becomes the same as what I just setup in Channel B...
I have the latest Firmware on both Edit and the hardware and I have power cycled the hardware and the software...

do you mean that you
adjust settings,
save the preset,
then change channels,

I think this was doing it when just selecting another type of phaser originally but now it is only malfunctioning when I select a phaser or delay from my library of saved presets...if I load one from my library it appears on all 4 channels and when I change one of the channels to something else either through the library or just selecting another style from the drop down menu it then appears across all 4 channels.

That's right...I set up channel A then switch to channel B and setup another style Phaser or Delay and then when I switch back to channel A it becomes the same as what I just setup in Channel B...
I have the latest Firmware on both Edit and the hardware and I have power cycled the hardware and the software...
is it the SOUND of the old phaser settings too?

sometimes it just visually looks like the wrong thing (which still needs to be fixed), but the sound is actually correct.

i'll try this in a few minutes.

i can't reproduce this. if i change channels on the Phaser block in Axe-Edit, then change settings, then change Channels back and forth, things are as i expect.

click the SETTINGS menu, then Refresh After New FW again to see if that solves it.

Back
Top Bottom