Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
curious what level you think sounds best regardless?
For me, after playing live, and testing against my Tube Screamer, the T808 sounded better before the 3.02 firmware update. I was using the old default settings, with the exeption of 1 on gain, 6 on tone, 100 mix, level 5. These settings stayed the same. The only settings I noticed that changed are the low and high cuts.
It doesn't sound like a Tube Screamer anymore, but more like a higher range boost, creating knife cutting tones. It was more focused before. Unfortunately I cannot remember the older setting. I'll have to see if my backup will restore with the old settings or just tweak until it gets back.

For me, after playing live, and testing against my Tube Screamer, the T808 sounded better before the 3.02 firmware update. I was using the old default settings, with the exeption of 1 on gain, 6 on tone, 100 mix, level 5. These settings stayed the same. The only settings I noticed that changed are the low and high cuts.
It doesn't sound like a Tube Screamer anymore, but more like a higher range boost, creating knife cutting tones. It was more focused before. Unfortunately I cannot remember the older setting. I'll have to see if my backup will restore with the old settings or just tweak until it gets back.

Low Cut: 700Hz
High Cut: 880Hz

Nonsense. The T808 sounds exactly like our reference pedal now. Before, not so much.

Not my experience with it at all sounds like it should here!

I will add that on an old preset the 808 sounded really off. I was using it to boost the 5150 model with drive at zero and level at 10 and it sounded fluby, almost like it was adding bass. I changed to a newer preset and set it up just like the 5150 preset and it sounded like it should and way better then before the update.

Reactions: RDH
I installed 3.02 in the Axe FXIII, installed the new Axe Edit and FC-12 firmware. So far I tried about a dozen of the drives I'd liked the best before and after a little tweaking they sounded good. I'm going through the fuzzes now. The PI fuzz sounds terrible no matter how you tweak it. Unusable. Nothing at all like a Big Muff. I checked it against my vintage Big Muff and against the PI Fuzz in the Axe FXII which sounds pretty good.

Hi!
I have a question!
Authentic - Ideal Mode!
I see no change!
What do I have to see?
What is the difference between Authentic and Ideal mode?
Thanks for the help.

Hi!
I have a question!
Authentic - Ideal Mode!
I see no change!
What do I have to see?
What is the difference between Authentic and Ideal mode?
Thanks for the help.

The difference is what will populate on the basic tab of the amp block. Ideal is everything, authentic will only show you what’s represented on the real amp. Check out the difference on something like the Tiny Terrier. It should be obvious on a model like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom