Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.02 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what the timing usually is for Axe Edit to be updated to reflect these changes in the Firmware?

Sure. But just checking that you know the missing controls aren’t “taken out of the signal path” or anything like that, right? It’s not like the signal isn’t going through the mid knob/circuit just because it’s not on that Tone page.

I still can’t see a tone being infinitely harder or slower to dial in simply because the Mid knob is at 2.00 compared to 0/not there. I’ve been doing this a while and that hasn’t really hurt people before. *shrug* it was more the “omg so many things to turn”, which even you said earlier.

Again, whatever works is good!

No prob. I was illustrating a point with how many steps it takes. It is by coincidence that the Adv page happens to be the last page, so holding the page button works. But if I needed the 2nd to last page, I’d have to hold, wait, recognize it’s there, press page left, etc. a bit less repeatable than knowing how many times to press to get somewhere for sure. Tone is at the front for a reason, and having to go to the last page or so isn’t intended to be quick, or it’d also be near the front.

Got ya. But IIRC, the controls that are not on the original design are bypassed when in default, so nothing supposedly goes through them by means of "Circuitry" until you change them. I personally think this revision is revolutionary no less, because of the human factor. Only few of us here might be scientists who know what each control that was not on the original might do to the complete circuit and not go on a goose chase for 2 days only to find out that the amp sounded better 2 days ago before the fiddling.
But again, thats me...

Cliff is setting it up so people that like the OG style can still view things exactly as they are in current production firmware, so there are no losers here (other than people who get into Internet fights over this of course :p).

Austin

Awesome, Thats how i envisioned it to be when i was asking for it... Its just perfect and amazing how Cliff works for the users. Its a rare thing, This is a company i want to support!

Cliff is setting it up so people that like the OG style can still view things exactly as they are in current production firmware, so there are no losers here (other than people who get into Internet fights over this of course :p).

Austin

I think that’s wonderful as I personally like the way it’s set up now however won’t this be a real pain in the ass for Michael (AxeEdit Wizard) to code ?

Anyone know what the timing usually is for Axe Edit to be updated to reflect these changes in the Firmware?
Usually firmware has to be out of beta first, otherwise there’s no real estimation. This is beta firmware, not an official release. It’s a test for user feedback.

If I'm "turning less things", that does indeed make it faster and, therefore, better for me. :)
Different strokes for different folks.

Austin
My point was you can choose to turn less things when the page is full as well. It’s just an interesting psychology thing.

After thinking about this for a while, and at first not liking the change, I've come to this conclusion;

Since I have always been one to think, "hey man, just get over it, it's progress", whenever people have bitched, and Cliff has put two versions of something into the firmware to appease them, I plan to just use the III with the new set up!

My other reason for deciding to use and get familiar with the new set up, is that it seems that whenever he has put an "extra thing" in the firmware to appease some of the people, it ends up going away after a while anyway! lol.....better learn to love it!

My point was you can choose to turn less things when the page is full as well. It’s just an interesting psychology thing.

Interesting indeed, and human nature is the first thing to consider when designing things for humans....;)
But its also a memory thing... i must admit that it is impossible for me to remember only the original controls of every one of 250 amps when the page is full, and if i believe in staying with the boundaries of the original amp design it renders the mission impossible for someone with a memory like mine... But im glad the 2 options would be available and everybody happy!

Im curious whether the 2 views would be Show/Hide extra controls or will it eliminate the existence of them from the circuit at "Basic" Controls view, In other words, if you go from view to view and tweak stuff in the Full view, will it still affect the tone when you go back to Basic view. i assume the changes will stay no matter what view your in, which is perfect.

Im curious whether the 2 views would be Show/Hide extra controls or will it eliminate the existence of them from the circuit at "Basic" Controls view, In other words, if you go from view to view and tweak stuff in the Full view, will it still affect the tone when you go back to Basic view.
Yes of course it will. That’s what I was saying earlier. They aren’t really gone. (Which is why I personally don’t see the point, but it has value to others which is great).

My other reason for deciding to use and get familiar with the new set up, is that it seems that whenever he has put an "extra thing" in the firmware to appease some of the people, it ends up going away after a while anyway! lol.....better learn to love it!

This has been a common refrain over the years. "I hate the new FW, I want it to sound like it was...only better". No tweaking, so adjusting for the new parameters.

Two weeks from now, when people actually work with it, things will be better than ever.

the controls that are not on the original design are bypassed when in default, so nothing supposedly goes through them by means of "Circuitry" until you change them.

Im curious whether the 2 views would be Show/Hide extra controls or will it eliminate the existence of them from the circuit at "Basic" Controls view, In other words, if you go from view to view and tweak stuff in the Full view, will it still affect the tone when you go back to Basic view. i assume the changes will stay no matter what view your in, which is perfect.
The only difference is what you see. The circuit is exactly the same in either case...

Indeed! I'm the sort of person who will eventually turn a knob if it's there. Or at least wonder if I should :D But if something's on a different page, it's out of mind.

Austin

Yes of course it will. That’s what I was saying earlier. They aren’t really gone. (Which is why I personally don’t see the point, but it has value to others which is great).

Do you happen to remember all the controls of original models or do you just have no particular sentiment to the way the originals were designed to work? Because its also a personality of an instrument, the given controls, and what separates it from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom