Got the Axe-Fx 3 and almost fell into the rabbit hole again

I was able to sell my AXE2 and my AX8 to buy the AXE 3.This thing just keeps getting better,but somehow I started to play with all the knobs and the next thing I know my tone is getting fizzy and sounding crappy.Mostly because I was trying amps I never owned and wasn't familiar with.
So a quick look into Yek's amp guide and a visit to some of my old amps I used to own and its back in tone heaven.I settled in the Legato 100 with Yek's recommended settings and my Kelton Swade 1960 Strat was screaming.Added a Fuzz Face set mild and an RC booster,lost an hour or so playing that one.
This thing has so much power under the hood its easy to get lost in knob turning.But I just have to remember the basics and keep things simple.If it sounds good then all is ok in my tone world.

PS if you haven't grabbed Yek's ample guide do it,it will save you hours of tone searching.

Are the 'Naked Tone" just presets using the onboard models or are they new models altogether?
Tweaked presets using onboard models. They expose possibilities beyond factory presets and many are quite good. Using some factory presets, I thought a few included factory amps were ones I would never use.
Naked Tone amps changed my mind. I think it’s a solid investment. “No ragrets.”

The next logical step is for you to get the Austin Buddy Naked Tone pack.

Thank me later ;)

I think this is my short term next step. I don't have time to invest experimenting with amp cab combinations, neither to properly analyze all models ... so if this kind of packs give me a good starting point for great tones, I do need it.

I think this is my short term next step. I don't have time to invest experimenting with amp cab combinations, neither to properly analyze all models ... so if this kind of packs give me a good starting point for great tones, I do need it.
I think you will be happy. I don't think I have seen anyone post to say it was not worth the cost.

Bought the Naked Pack. Awesome starting point! Just remember, as always, you have to fine tune to your guitar, your style and your taste. But definitely a great starting point! Im using them.
It will also give you the confidence and inspiration to start your own presets from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom