The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread for AX8

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
Once upon a time, dear people, there was The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread. An initiative to share emulated real-world pedal and effects on the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.
Then there is another two thread: Mama's back (for Axe-FX II) and Mama's back...again.

And for AX8 ?!?!?! Nothing...

So, I created this thread to share our block setting... for AX8 only.
So, the purpose of this thread is: make pedal/effect emulations available as standalone .BLK files (as in: effect block files). This way we will build a library of standalone emulated pedals/effects, which is missing at this moment. This is for AX8 only.
You can search and find suggested settings for certain pedals/effects in this forum, Wiki, YouTube etc., and these are often documented in the Wiki How-Tos, but almost always you get it in text or as a full preset.

This will succeed only if people contribute!

The "rules" still apply:

1) Post only stuff that's AX8 compatible.
2) If you post a .BLK files make sure is compatible with AX8-Edit 1.8.7 and AX8 Quantum 10.01 or higher.
3) List the effect settings in your post, OR attach a .BLK file. Note: this is NOT a preset, but just a single block. How to save an effect block: in AX8-Edit right-click on a block, select Library > Save. You'll find the saved file in Documents\Fractal Audio\Ax8-Edit\blocks. Vice versa, to load such a file, put it in that folder, restart Ax8-Edit, right-click on a space in the grid, select Library > Recall.
4) Keep it simple: preferable single blocks.
5) Keep it to pedals and stuff like "PCM Concert Hall" reverb.
6) Use a separate post for each effect.
7) Describe if it's mono or stereo, if it goes before of after Amp/Cab, if it's in series or parallel.
8) Name the source if you copied it from someone.
9) Try not to go wild. Keep it to proven emulations, not the "I-think-I-have-captured-Eric-Johnson's-tone-using-the-Metal-Zone" result from late last night.
10) List the firmware version.

Here we go!

I'll start off with some blocks. Some of the stuff in there is based on the experience and tips of guys like Javajunkie, Matman, Yek etc.

Last edited:
MXR PHASE 90

Mono, Series, before the Amp block.

Phaser Block
Script 90
Rate 0.240
Depth 9.00
Feedback 13
Freq 135
Tone 2.50
Mix 50%
Level 2.00

If you really want to emulate a real world pedal I think it helps to also indicate which knobs you’d adjust, and the overall range which would match.

On a phase 90 it would be rate, but over what range is the slowest and fastest setting ?
In other words, maybe max rate on the pedal(10 if you will) is 7 on the Ax8.

Knowing that helps adjusting the emulation to closer match real world knob settings. Nothing wrong with being able to have faster rates, more depth etc than the real world devices, but it can result in tones that wouldn’t otherwise come from the real pedals.

If you really want to emulate a real world pedal I think it helps to also indicate which knobs you’d adjust, and the overall range which would match.

On a phase 90 it would be rate, but over what range is the slowest and fastest setting ?
In other words, maybe max rate on the pedal(10 if you will) is 7 on the Ax8.

Knowing that helps adjusting the emulation to closer match real world knob settings. Nothing wrong with being able to have faster rates, more depth etc than the real world devices, but it can result in tones that wouldn’t otherwise come from the real pedals.
Yeah ;-)....I looked for this but I didn't find nothing.

Last edited:
EHX SMALL STONE

Mono, Series, Before the Amp block.
Phaser Block

Attachments

• EHX Small Stone.blk
    231 bytes · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom