AX8 amps and cabs cutting out seconds after changing presets

Haven't had this problem at all until today. I'll switch presets and it will play for about 1 second before taking the amps, cabs and some effects out of the signal. Went into AX8 edit to see what was going on and when I put things back in the signal path it will take them out again after a second or 2. Anyone else having this problem or know how to rectify it?

Are you forgetting to save the presets after engaging the blocks? Sounds like your preset has them bypassed, you un-bypass them, neglect to save the changes, change to another preset and back again only to have them back in their bypassed state.

It is doing it to every single preset. It will take the amp, cab and some effects out of the signal chain even when I try to turn them back on in AX8 edit.

Are you switching scenes when this happens? Is anything else connected to you AX8? Is there a modifier attached to anything with 'Auto-Engage' switched on?

A video of this happening would be very helpful.

Or post the preset. (PTP), my new catch phrase...lol

Last edited:
It is doing it to every single preset. It will take the amp, cab and some effects out of the signal chain even when I try to turn them back on in AX8 edit.
how do you know "amp cab and some effects" are being taken out? just by listening? or do you visually see the blocks bypass in Axe-Edit or something? do you have any MIDI devices connected?

I can visually see the blocks being taken out automatically both on ax8 Edit and the UI. I’ll record a video tonight when I get a chance.

No it means getting taken out of the signal path and refusing to go back in. For whatever reason it won't let me upload the video here so I'll send a youtube link. Tried firmware updating, factory reset and deleting all the patches and it is still giving me the same problem. I talked to my friends who also own fractals and they haven't seen anything like it before. I'm about to contact Fractal if I can't get this figured out in the next day or so.

No it means getting taken out of the signal path and refusing to go back in. For whatever reason it won't let me upload the video here so I'll send a youtube link. Tried firmware updating, factory reset and deleting all the patches and it is still giving me the same problem. I talked to my friends who also own fractals and they haven't seen anything like it before. I'm about to contact Fractal if I can't get this figured out in the next day or so.

Looking at your video, it looks like you do mean bypassing. Nothing is being removed from your signal path.

Please share the presets so we can help.

Last edited:

Can't see some of what I need to see... But,
  1. Why do you have the Amp and Cab blocks assigned to switches?
  2. Do you need to switch them on and off from the floor?
  3. Do you have the switches set as momentary?
  4. Can you please post that preset so we can see everything that is going on in there?

Reactions: Rex
  1. Did you convert that preset from another platform?
  2. Do you have any controllers (like Envelope or Pitch) attached to the Bypass states of either of those two blocks?
Just guessing without the preset.

Guys, its doing it to every single preset. I have them assigned to the foot switches to show whats happening. I did absolutely nothing to my AX8 and it just started doing this the other day.

If it's always the same blocks, in every single preset, that are bypassing, I'd look for something sending MIDI to your presets on preset change. Do you have global switches on the AX8 assigned to bypass/unbypass those blocks maybe that are stored in the bypassed state? Anything else MIDI related attached to the AX8?

And it happens whether you're connect to the PC via USB or not, correct?

Guys, its doing it to every single preset. I have them assigned to the foot switches to show whats happening. I did absolutely nothing to my AX8 and it just started doing this the other day.
is that Logic or some other DAW in the background on your computer?

please try this:

unplug your AX8 from any USB or MIDI cables at all
turn off the AX8, turn it back on
now change presets on the top panel using the B knob

does it still happen?

Jesus Christ relax my man. I did all of that.
relax man, i just needed confirmation. you have an issue no one has seen. we need to be specific about things. consider that we only just saw the video for ourselves hours ago, while you're there and familiar with it for a while now.

I just sent Fractal support an email. This seems to be a pretty major software issue rather than something that could have been switched on accidentally.

Back
Top Bottom