Three Amp Blocks?

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset?

• Yes

Votes: 395 72.3%
  • No

Votes: 151 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am dreaming of the day that I seamlessly can switch between an insane 2 amp blend on my distortion and a pristine clean path on my Axe FX 3.

I also wanna do a 3 (4 really) amp blend just like brad paisley does.

I want it for:
Guitar -> Subtlely Stereo Doubler -> (L) Amp 1 | (Dry) Amp 2 | (R) Amp 3 -> Cabs -> mixer to make it stereo -> Verb/Delay/etc
Might sound huge... especially if you're going for that "multi-tracked with different amps" thing that some people do in the studio.

I am a bass player and I use 2 amp blocks all the time in presets (clean SVT plus pitch shifted up through a distorted guitar amp, for example). If I had access to a 3rd, I'd be able to have one of the guitarists in bands I play with run through the Axe Fx as well.

I get the feeling I'd have more things to be confused by and to dial in badly, but I'd like the opportunity to make the mistakes!

Would you actually use three amp blocks in a preset if there were three blocks available?
For us Metallica tech's it would be WONDERFUL! We're here migrating from the IIXL+'s to the III's, and the additional amp block would be a complete game changer for our rigs. We've talked to a few people at Fractal about this, but just throwing in our vote in this thread!!

Lovin v3.01!!!

Justin

For us Metallica tech's it would be WONDERFUL! We're here migrating from the IIXL+'s to the III's, and the additional amp block would be a complete game changer for our rigs. We've talked to a few people at Fractal about this, but just throwing in our vote in this thread!!

Lovin v3.01!!!

Justin
OK, Cliff , (metallic) balls in your court....

Assuming no detriment to amp block quality, I would like this as well. It would open up a lot of cool options.

Poll asked "Would you actually use three?" not "Do you want three?".

19 pages of want comments :). Of course you want! We always want.

I can imagine using a center amp at a lower gain setting to tighten up two other high gain amps pannned hard left and right. Also leave the center amp very dynamic, versus more compressed side panning. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom