Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

Wah in the heel down position is a very different sound from wah disengaged. So when I use full travel range of a pedal, it keeps disengaging and engaging again, which is very annoying. There are “speed” and “position” settings but they don’t make much difference (or sense) to me.

I have never had that problem. Probably because I never cared for a wah that you had to press the button first. Once I started playing with a Morley I liked that method and got used to it.

I have never had that problem. Probably because I never cared for a wah that you had to press the button first. Once I started playing with a Morley I liked that method and got used to it.
Exactly my experience... I had a couple wah pedals (which I ended up never using because of the switching) before I discovered the Bad Horsie with optical switching.

That lead to the Bad Horsie II for quite a few years... But I kept feeling it sounded too much like Vai, so I did some research and discovered Dunlop had finally got an optically switching wah in the 95Q.

I used the until I got the Axe Fx and found out about the spring loaded Mission pedals. :)

You have never had what problem? If you move the pedal all the way back, it never disengages?

The engaging and disengaging.

I don’t get it. If you move the pedal back past a certain point with a certain speed, it disengages. If you move it forward, it engages.

How can it NOT engage and disengage unless you are carefully watching movement speed and never move it past that point? How can it be humanly possible while playing?

I don’t get it. If you move the pedal back past a certain point with a certain speed, it disengages. If you move it forward, it engages.

How can it NOT engage and disengage unless you are carefully watching movement speed and never move it past that point? How can it be humanly possible while playing?

I don't know. I don't have the problem you are describing. Maybe I don't use the full travel of the pedal?

+1 on the spring loaded Mission with autoengage, perfect replacement for my several CryBaby wahs that I didn’t want to let go of.

I have used the spring loaded Mission pedal for wah for as long as I have been using Fractal gear (about 7 years). For me the feel of having the pedal push pack at me as I push from heel to toe position just works. There is an interaction I have with the wah in this setup which helps me to feel the vocal quality of the wah that is hard to explain and YMMV. It adds to the expressiveness I discover when I play and that is what matters most. Also, I have never had problems with the travel but I have tweaked it over the years in the way settings on the Axe.

Thanks! I bought one from someone on the forum when I got my first Axe years ago and then over the years I grabbed another one for parts. The connections are pretty interchangeable and I recently bought the correct XLR and installed it for my connection to the FC6 and removed the ethernet connection I used to connect my MFC.

I am bringing the important connections from the back to the panel (including the USB port). I can't imagine using this thing without one of these!

Really cool rig! Wondering about that patch panel... is that DIY, custom, ??

Thanks for sharing!

-James

Ok, just unboxed my new Roadie Cases Pedalboards case. I quickly put my FC-12 and Mission expression pedals in there and the size is just right (40x12 inches).

A couple things I'm not thrilled with:

The height of the lip around it is a bit high. I was planning to remove the feet from the FC-12 and Velcro mount it right to the board, but if I did that the level of the first row of buttons would be too low... So I'll be investigating other options.

I would have preferred only latches on one side and detachable hinges on the other side. It's a bit of a challenge to get all 4 latches disengaged to get the lid off.

I'll also need to add some foam to the inside of the lid, or perhaps some form of cable storage... Otherwise the 6 inches of interior height is a bit much for my needs.

Edit:

I think I'll also explore a right angle XLR cable...
21C28A7F-C0E7-48CB-880B-76A08F0F3864.jpeg

Ok, just unboxed my new Roadie Cases Pedalboards case. I quickly put my FC-12 and Mission expression pedals in there and the size is just right (40x12 inches).

The height of the lip around it is a bit high. I was planning to remove the feet from the FC-12 and Velcro mount it right to the board, but if I did that the level of the first row of buttons would be too low... So I'll be investigating other options.

I would have preferred only latches on one side and detachable hinges on the other side. It's a bit of a challenge to get all 4 latches disengaged to get the lid off.

I'll also need to add some foam to the inside of the lid, or perhaps some form of cable storage... Otherwise the 6 inches of interior height is a bit much for my needs.

View attachment 52395

I think I just got drool on my keyboard...

Try this for the lip issue. I've used these for years.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...MIgIH0s5em4AIVlonICh2D2we5EAQYASABEgJ_KPD_BwE

Ah, but that doesn’t solve my problem.

Wah in the heel down position is a very different sound from wah disengaged. So when I use full travel range of a pedal, it keeps disengaging and engaging again, which is very annoying. There are “speed” and “position” settings but they don’t make much difference (or sense) to me.

That’s why I ended up having some room (a lot of it, actually), in the heel down zone, where wah is engaged but still with the “heel down” sound, unchanging.

From my perspective, it depends on the manufacturer, I use Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah (WD7) it has a lever and can be used both ways like a normal Wah with a switch to turn it on and spring loaded. The best part, it has a timer function to disengage the wah in heel position. So you can set a brief timer ...and the wah disengages it self after that period. Engaging the Wah is just like any other spring loaded mecahnism, just put your foot and start using it.

Last edited:

Edit:

View attachment 52395

Looks DAMN AMAZING, Can't get better than this. .. .

But why 4 expression pedals? I am assuming 1 for vol, 1 for expression, 1 for Wah. ... And the last one for?

it can be to adjust amounts of delay, drive etc ^^ It's what happens when you get a very tweakable on the go device !

Edit:

View attachment 52395
That is one long pedalboard.

I had the same problem. I used cut out a sheet of 1/4" hardboard the size of the inner dimension of my pedal board. I glued some small wood blocks to the back of the hardboard to raise it about 3/4", covered it in carpet (same as what is already in the case), and attached everything to the hardboard. Biggest pain was that I had to use marine grade carpet adhesive to glue the carpet down.

Everything I need!
I may add a Preset -1 in there, but I am always close to my Axe 3 if I have to go back

I love having the extra switch in the Mission Pedal so I can go into solo and Wah without tapdancing. I really only use 3 scenes so I make scene 4 the sound coming after the solo. Every song gets its own preset.

Pedaltrain Classic Jr.
(fyi there is no overlap, it is just the angle of the picture)

Attachments

• Fc-6.jpg
    Fc-6.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 341
Back
Top Bottom