Post Your FC-12 and FC-6 Pedalboards Here

This worked out really well this weekend playing at 2 different church campuses! The FC6 is really well thought out to allow guys like me who prefer 2 expression pedals and do a preset per song with 3 scenes and everything neatly positioned on a pedal train 2 board. View attachment 52353

I'm seeing a lot of folks going this route lately with the pedal train or similar. I have a question though. How do you like having your expression pedals on an incline? I've always had mine flat in the past, but now that I'm going to be in the market for a new board (I still have a huge one from my analog days), I'm torn on what to get.

Last edited:
Thanks! The pedals are Mission Engineering SP1 and spring loaded EP1 (for wah). I put XLR and 1/4 outputs on my panel to accommodate XLR to FOH and my CLRs depending on the setting. I also have 1/4 inputs on the panel connected to my wireless IEM system to accommodate the output from the Aviom or what ever feed I can get. Basically the system is built for optimal flexibility.

Really cool rig! Wondering about that patch panel... is that DIY, custom, ??

Thanks for sharing!

-James

Really cool rig! Wondering about that patch panel... is that DIY, custom, ??

Thanks for sharing!

-James
I have a similar panel. My was custom made by VAFAM... However, the owner passed away a few years ago and I don't think the business is still operational.

You can design your own here, though:

https://www.redco.com/Advanced-Custom-Panel-Designer.html?type=3

This is one of the best gear purchases I ever made. Everything plugs into the front. It literally takes a couple minutes to hook everything up and no more fumbling in the back of the rack.

I almost never take the back cover off of my rack now.

I'm seeing a lot of folks going this route lately with the pedal train or similar. I have a question though. How do you like having your expression pedals on an incline? I've always had mine flat in the past, but now that I'm going to be in the market for a new board (I still have a huge one from my analog days), I'm torn on what to get.

I’ve used both ways and don’t see much difference. It may require some small time to adjust, but the incline isn’t that big really.

However, I find that expression pedals have too much travel, at least for wah, so I adjust the modifier settings so that only the last 50% of the pedal movement actually controls the effect. It feels more like a real wah to me this way, and the incline doesn’t matter at all.

I’ve used both ways and don’t see much difference. It may require some small time to adjust, but the incline isn’t that big really.

However, I find that expression pedals have too much travel, at least for wah, so I adjust the modifier settings so that only the last 50% of the pedal movement actually controls the effect. It feels more like a real wah to me this way, and the incline doesn’t matter at all.
I assume you're not using a Mission pedal for wah, since it's pretty much exactly the same as any Crybaby/Dunlop wah?

I assume you're not using a Mission pedal for wah, since it's pretty much exactly the same as any Crybaby/Dunlop wah?

That’s exactly why I went the Mission route.

No, I’m not using Mission pedals and yes, I’ve heard they are more like real wahs.

Vangrieg, I would totally recommend the Mission pedals. It was a natural change from my old Dunlop wah.

Unix-guy, are you using an inclined board?

That’s exactly why I went the Mission route.

Vangrieg, I would totally recommend the Mission pedals. It was a natural change from my old Dunlop wah.

Unix-guy, are you using an inclined board?
No, I'm not... I had considered it in the past but the position seems like it might not be comfortable.

I just sold my NYC Pedalboards case to the other guitarist in my band, as it was no longer large enough to house my FC-12 plus 4 Mission pedals.

My new case from Roadie Cases arrived yesterday but I was sick so haven't unboxed it yet.

Thanks for the advice, but I actually learned to use the long travel to my advantage.

Like I said, I use 50% of the travel for effect control, which, as a side effect, allows for better separation between auto-engage and control “zones”. When I’m using all the range, I accidentally turn effects on and off.

Also, longer travel may actually be a benefit on slanted pedalboards. Which are cool for using switches.

So it’s a question of trade offs, as usual.

Thanks for the advice, but I actually learned to use the long travel to my advantage.

Like I said, I use 50% of the travel for effect control, which, as a side effect, allows for better separation between auto-engage and control “zones”. When I’m using all the range, I accidentally turn effects on and off.

Also, longer travel may actually be a benefit on slanted pedalboards. Which are cool for using switches.

So it’s a question of trade offs, as usual.

You should try a spring loaded mission. Typical vox/crybaby wah travel and feel under foot, and with auto engage and the spring you step on the pedal and the wah is active, then just lift off and the wah is bypassed. No issues with not disengaging or engaging with a switch or forgetting to return to the off position. Cost like $15 extra but it’s priceless IMO

You should try a spring loaded mission. Typical vox/crybaby wah travel and feel under foot, and with auto engage and the spring you step on the pedal and the wah is active, then just lift off and the wah is bypassed. No issues with not disengaging or engaging with a switch or forgetting to return to the off position. Cost like $15 extra but it’s priceless IMO

I’ve always thought that spring loaded means it returns to heel down position. How does it help with auto engage?

I can’t try a Mission pedal, unfortunately, it’s hardly likely I’ll find it anywhere near me to try. If I do manage to get hold of one, I certainly will try it, I’ve been interested for quite a while.

I can’t try a Mission pedal, unfortunately, it’s hardly likely I’ll find it anywhere near me to try. If I do manage to get hold of one, I certainly will try it, I’ve been interested for quite a while.

When 'Auto Engage' is set in the control modifier a wah will react like a Morley wah. Move the pedal and it turns on, release the peddle and it stops.

Now I’m confused. How is that different from a non-springloaded pedal?

When it’s heel down all the way it’s bypassed, step on it and it moves forward and the wah is engaged. When you lift your foot off it goes back to 100% heel down which is where it disengages

You can have auto engage work on heel down or toe down, though I think the default is heel down, as this works best with spring loaded pedals

When it’s heel down all the way it’s bypassed, step on it and it moves forward and the wah is engaged. When you lift your foot off it goes back to 100% heel down which is where it disengages

You can have auto engage work on heel down or toe down, though I think the default is heel down, as this works best with spring loaded pedals

Ah, but that doesn’t solve my problem.

Wah in the heel down position is a very different sound from wah disengaged. So when I use full travel range of a pedal, it keeps disengaging and engaging again, which is very annoying. There are “speed” and “position” settings but they don’t make much difference (or sense) to me.

That’s why I ended up having some room (a lot of it, actually), in the heel down zone, where wah is engaged but still with the “heel down” sound, unchanging.

Well if you play with the wah in the heel down position and keep it parked there, then it won’t work well. You can control how quickly it engages and disengages so it’s not cutting in and out on the full sweep, but since you keep your foot on it, you can’t “park” it at a given spot. I use other pedals for that, but the spring loaded works great for typical wah wah motion.

Not perfect for everyone but they’ve sold a ton of them and I’d wager a good 95% of people seem to love them.

Back
Top Bottom