The Shadows (Hank Marvin) - "Apache" preset

Mark Pritchard

Experienced
Hi all, here is a preset I made for The Shadows song Apache.
I used a Fender Twin with some Tremolo (as I'm using my Les Paul) an analog stereo Delay and some reverb for that surfy tone.
I'm also using my split coil on the bridge pickup.
Thanks

Attachments

• The Shadows MP.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 286
Thanks for sharing this Mark. I cut my first chops on Ventures records. Their version of Apache was (and still is) one of my favorite songs. Sounds great on a Les Paul. Whoda thunk it?
My pleasure John, that’s awesome, I must admit I’m only familiar with The Shadows version but I will check out The Ventures version.
I know right, my Les Paul is very versatile but it all comes down to the Fractal AX8, it’s just great!

Hey Mark

Just wanted to share..........I have always had a midi file for Apache- never really used it..With my Strat and fralin blues special pups that preset is just amazingly spot on..no edits...no tweaks...no nothing.....

Hey Mark

Just wanted to share..........I have always had a midi file for Apache- never really used it..With my Strat and fralin blues special pups that preset is just amazingly spot on..no edits...no tweaks...no nothing.....
Wow thats great to hear @Stratman68, I'm glad you like it and thats great it works with your Strat too. It's a classic sound from a great era.
Thanks again man!

Back
Top Bottom