Axe-Fx II Firmware "Ares" 1.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice update, the sound is more open and organic. Minor tweaking will be necessary but it's only fine tuning and searching for the sweet spot again here and there.

Many thanks to Fractal, I'm happy as it is, I was happy with the previous FW too but this is a wonderful finale for the II. Not in a true sense, cause now we will enjoy more playing and less adjusting and waiting for updates. Thanks also for informing us about the end of this line. I really don't feel that anything is missing.

I'll keep playing my Mark II for a few years and when I'm prepared, I'll get it's successor. It's a pleasure to be your customer.

I hope everyone appreciates what Cliff has done for all of us. I know I do.

It’s a rare company that provides free updates for their existing products let alone discontinued ones.

I’m sure Cliff is busier than any of us can realize. He is currently running his company, refining a new flagship product, and working on a myriad of epiphanies and new products that we can only anticipate.

All I can say is thanks Cliff, and that I’ll be a lifelong customer.

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

At one point I recall the XL/XL+ may have had more memory reserved that could potentially be used to add yet another preset and/or IR bank... If that type of memory is available and would go unused otherwise maybe we could release the kraken lol ;P

Appreciate the update on the IIs. Really enjoying my IIIs but holding on to my XLs because too much is never enough

I've played all afternoon with the ARES, it's really amazing!

But I've found one more bug: the level meter (Gain) for the Speaker Comp don't work anymore. I hope, this will be fixed in the final release.

Cliff - thanks again for the last great upgrade. The next step for me will be the III, sometime.

Removing amp models doesn't solve the memory problem. Those go in external data memory. The problem is internal code memory is full.

I will release a final version of this firmware in a few days. That will be the last update (barring bug fixes) for the Axe-Fx II.

I spent a lot of time porting the Ares stuff to the II as a gift to the community. It's time that I could've spent working on new products. Thank you to those who actually appreciate that effort and particularly those who expressed that appreciation.

This is the reason that I will buy everything Fractal makes. Forever. Thanks Cliff!

Sad for the ride to end, but definitely glad the ride lasted this long! Thanks Cliff for all the work to keep this amazing unit to last for so long!

Just to reiterate what the rest of the community has already said and say a personal THANK YOU for all your continued support for this product. Will wait for the final release of this last update before taking a look, just to let the bugs get ironed out :)

First let me say that this new firmware "feels" and sounds great!!!! Second, let me say that I was quite sure we had seen our last firmware some time ago. I mean, Fractal Audio has the AxeIII, so if you want the latest greatest, buy it...right? But lo and behold, this Cliff Chase dude updates the software in the old product, the one he doesn't make any money on. Why would he do that? I guess it speaks to a kind of integrity we just don't see very much any more; especially in the business world. Like I said, my mkii sounds and feels even better than it all ready did. Cliff Chase and company....Thank you for being the very best!!!

Thanks so Much for this! and for letting us know it's the end for the 2!

Looking very much forward to sitting down and spending a couple months finalizing ALL my presets I've accumulated over the last 6 years.

I've been enjoying the Axe FX since the Ultra came out Cliff, and your efforts and attention to detail, sonic and otherwise, are truly appreciated!

My needs are 2U at the moment which is the only reason I'm not upgrading to a AFX III immediately (as I'd need new cases etc, and don't have the time to rewire and recreate patches at the moment), so I'll by using my AFX II for a little bit longer.

I'm thrilled with the latest update that I'll be installing later tonight, thank you and all the crew at Fractal!

BTW, where do we report issues to engineering regarding the Public Beta?

Ciao...

I didnt like prior Ares update and rolled back, now Im tempted to retry...Thank you Cliff.

Thank you @FractalAudio. The continued dedication and support you've provided for discontinued products is a testament to your love of the craft and a model for which other companies should strive. It's no wonder your products are widely considered the new benchmark in guitar gear and ubiquitous with so many of the top players.

That update came as a total surprise to me and I truly appreciate it. It's easy to imagine how frustrating the out-of-memory messages must have been ;) Cliff always believed in his stuff and his longing for perfection can be seen in this release. It's the best he can do for the II platform and most probably it's the best that's possible.

I know I'm appreciative all too rarely. I complain a lot about what Fractal does, see e.g. my thread about the FCs. But it's because I'm a perfectionist myself and I want the Axe-FXes to be as good as possible.

So here's my call to the community: We all have to help making this final release as good as possible. The deeper we test this beta (and possible following betas), the higher the chance to have a bug free last version, which will be our companion for the next years, except if we buy a III :D Let's turn every knob of every amp and every effect. I'll start digging in tomorrow.

edit: Damnit, I did it again... Cliff, thank you!!!

Thank you Cliff (and Co.) for this update and upcoming closure. This purchase one of two of the best pieces of musical gear I have ever purchased (my PRS is the other) and still to this day I say "I F'in love this thing" when I switch it off.

Thank you Cliff, you did so much on this project, Looking forward to the last update and the bug fixes, hopefully some Axe Edit bugs will be fixed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom