FC Controllers Now Shipping!

By combining two FC-6's, I assume you could effectively create the same functionality as the 12. This creates the option of using only the FC-6 or both as/when the gig dictates. The only con would be you need separate power for the additional FC-6, correct?

Pretty much, you could also mirror your FC6. I have played a few stages where it would have been nice to have a controller on each side of the stage, Lots of possibilities with two FC6s.

Has Cliff figured out the Jedi mind trick now?!?

Cliff: This is not the FC you are looking for
Customer: This is not the FC I am looking for
Cliff: You want an FC 6
Customer: I want an FC 6

It is... bizarre... to watch.

Don’t get me wrong, the Axe FX is great. The FC appears like it is the bees knee. But are people really this desperate to lay their hands on the latest shiny new gadget?

I will be waiting for the FC 12, thank you.

By combining two FC-6's, I assume you could effectively create the same functionality as the 12. This creates the option of using only the FC-6 or both as/when the gig dictates. The only con would be you need separate power for the additional FC-6, correct?

Other cons:
2 6s cost more than one 12.
2 6s two inches wider than one 12.

Yes on all accounts. It’s actually more powerful than a 12 because layouts can change independently on each 6 in this scenario if you desire. And you have two master layout menus, so twice as many MLM switches.

I'm curious, what are y'alls thoughts on combining the FC-6 with a small midi controller? For instance, run the FC-6 with say a Voes MC-5jr?

Um, yeah... I signed for the FC-12 waitlist... NOT buying an FC-6. I don’t know how they ended up with surplus FC-6s! Did people that signed up for those end up getting FC-12s? Excuses are good only for the person giving them. Only thing worse than people that cut/skip the line are those that help them try to justify it. Where I come from people get beat up or shot for that.

Um, yeah... I signed for the FC-12 waitlist... NOT buying an FC-6. I don’t know how they ended up with surplus FC-6s! Did people that signed up for those end up getting FC-12s? Excuses are good only for the person giving them. Only thing worse than people that cut/skip the line are those that help them try to justify it. Where I come from people get beat up or shot for that.
What are you even taking about in this post? It’s so random and wrong....

[Backing away slowly]

If Fractal has extra 6s, I wish them the best in moving them, and I’m sure they will. That being said, after using the 12 for a while now, I can tell you that it is an amazing piece of kit, and I don’t think I would want to go down to a six after using it. I guess what I’m saying is, if you want a 12 and can hold out for one, you won’t regret it.

Dear Mister-I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans
this'll be the last package I ever send your a**
It's been six months and still no word - I don't deserve it?
I know you got my last two letters
I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect
So this is my cassette I'm sending you, I hope you hear it
I'm in the car right now, I'm doing 90 on the freeway
Hey, Slim, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
You know the song by Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight"
About that guy, who coulda saved that other guy from drownin'
But didn't then Phil saw it all then at that show he found him
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drownin'
No it's too late, I'm on a thousand downers now, I'm drowsy
And all I wanted, was a lousy letter or a call
I hope you know I ripped all of your pictures of the wall
I love you Slim, we coulda been together, think about it
You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it
And when you dream I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it

I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me

See Slim; shut up b****! I'm trying to talk!
Hey Slim, that's my girlfriend screamin' in the trunk
but I didn't slit her throat, I just tied her up, see I ain't like you
cause if she suffocates she'll suffer more, and then she'll die, too
Well, gotta go, I'm almost at the bridge now
Oh shit, I forgot, how am I supposed to send this s*** out?

Wow, this went off the rails quickly. Are we still talking about foot controllers? My 6 is out for delivery, and I can’t wait! Really happy to have one for rehearsal tonight...

FC-12 is out for delivery -- excited too! @ccroyalsenders is working on the FC content; can't wait to see what he pulls out of his bag of tricks and how it alters my workflow! This technology and community are such an amazing blessing!

This thread was “off the rails” within the first page. This was never about the FCs, it has been about people fretting over when they will get their shot at ordering. There have been numerous “moments” during the life of this thread.

Just an opinion on what FC to buy. I see several types of players and which pedal suits each best.

People who are in constant noodle mode that want 12 fx to experiment with while they do their noodling at all times. Coming from a pedal board littered with every pedal they have accumulated over the years, just be cause they can. FC-12 for sure

Players that need to access more than 6 scenes in a song or more than 6 fx at a time FC-12. Unless you enjoy doing the river dance while your playing, then by all means an FC6 can get the job done.

Your a looping master and need one layout to loop and do scenes or fx at the same time FC-12.

FC6 for those that can get away with less than 6 scenes and or fx active at one time.

If your one that takes the time to program songs by scenes and doesn’t need 12 scenes in any given song and can fit them all in 6 or less. FC6.

With the ease of setup “took me all of two minutes” and the well thought out way you can program every button on every layout it’s super easy to set up either option 6 or 12.

I signed the wait list for a 12. After seeing how simple it was to set up any imaginable layout I bought a 6. I’m a covers guy. I do the song per preset thing almost all the songs I do are 3 scenes or less, think I have a couple I’m not really doing at the moment that need 4 in that case I have set up switch 3 long press to access the 4th scene. I take advantage of expression pedals a lot, I have 3 EV-2s.

My point is maybe rethink what it is you need out of a controller and the FC6 may be all you would ever need. The power of modifiers and expression pedals in the AFX III are truely amazing so a ton of stuff can be done with those as well as switches on the FC.

I’m a covers guy. I do the song per preset thing

Let's say your band decides to on the spur of the moment to do a song from Set 3 in Set 1. Or to add a song that wasn't on the set list at all. How long does it take you to find/scroll to that song with the 6?

Let's say your band decides to on the spur of the moment to do a song from Set 3 in Set 1. Or to add a song that wasn't on the set list at all. How long does it take you to find/scroll to that song with the 6?

For me no different than the with the MFC with one caveat. I used bank size zero and would hold and scroll through presets if they were far apart, currently with the FC's you can't do that with either the 6 or 12. This answer depends on how your patches are arranged and how many you use.

A94744CD-028D-4B26-90BF-5599D88386EA.jpeg Bjjp2 to be honest I use BandHelper on my phone to select the next song. That connects to the AFX via Yamaha BT adapter through midi. I had the top 4-5-6 buttons set up as tuner preset up and preset down. But have changed that to tuner amp volume up and down now being as I use my phone to select the next preset. But easy enough to push 3-6 buttons to access preset menu that shows the next 4 songs as well as bank up+ 4 or bank down -4.

While I signed up for the FC12, I also got the email invite for an FC6. Decided to nab it since the main list is moving at the rate of seconds/day. I was lucky to get on the III train very early in the game and have been using it live since April of last year, so I'm excited to get the full experience. Even if my invite for a 12 came in the mail today, I'd still pick one of those up too, and sell the one that doesn't fit my workflow.

Back
Top Bottom