Mini LCD wish - bigger text or bold

Being 6ft 1in tall and having 56yr old eyes I am also struggling with the scribble strips . Adjusting the brightness and contrast unfortunately does not dramatically help the situation . The FC's are amazing products and hopefully I will adjust to the technology ,but an increased or bolder font would probably help out a lot .

Being 6ft 1in tall and having 56yr old eyes I am also struggling with the scribble strips . Adjusting the brightness and contrast unfortunately does not dramatically help the situation . The FC's are amazing products and hopefully I will adjust to the technology ,but an increased or bolder font would probably help out a lot .

I'm 53 and 6' tall and having the same problem. Maybe it's our height? :)

The LCDs are too small for my old eyes. I would gladly sacrifice some character count for bigger or even a bold text option.

+1 Wish for bigger or bolder text on the small LCDs.

I had only tried the FC-12 sitting in front of my computer until last night. Standing up I can not see the small LCDs clearly. I am 6 feet tall. It doesn't matter how I adjust the FC Global Brightness or FC Mini Display Contrast, it is still a problem for me to read when standing up.

As much as I love the way the versatility of the FC-12 I am actually considering returning it. None of it matters if you can't see the mini windows standing up.

I haven't sent it back because I know that Fractal does listen to it's customers and regularly adds do-able, reasonable, and useful functions that are requested by enough of them. I am really hoping it is eventually possible to make a bigger or bolder text for the small LCDs.

I am 65 years old, but I don't wear glasses and never felt I had problems with my eyes.

I don't have mine yet...but I will no doubt have the same issues...so I will add my voice to the bold text request!

curious... i wonder how much bigger the text needs to be for those saying they can't see it?

would anyone be able to write the same text on a piece of paper at the size and boldness they prefer? then put that paper on the FC and take a picture showing 2 switches side by side, one with the regular display word, then next to it the paper (covering that switch's display) showing how big you'd want it to be. i feel like it would need to be significantly bigger and out of spec for something like this.

does anyone have magnetic labels on any previous controllers? are those words much bigger than the mini-displays on the FC? i think they're about the same size.

i do wear glasses all day to see correctly, and the size of the displays has never felt too small. i mean, if you can't read something that far away, you just can't read it.

can you guys read the main display?

If I use my reading glasses to read the sheet music on a stand it really is an issue seeing the scribble windows from 6 feet away . Unless I get custom bifocal style glasses that are focused to those dimensions I will have to go back to my MFC 101 style labels on a few key switches , which would really suck .

Bought and FC-6 for the road and an FC-12 for home. Hoping that it is not a hardware limitation and that a software/firmware solution is possible . Getting old is creating some challenges ... it beats the alternative though .

I will have to go back to my MFC 101 style labels on a few key switches
how would this help? is the text bigger? if you need to see far and close in a situation, but you wear glasses that only allow you to see close, isn't that more of the cause? just trying to figure this out.

can you read the main display when you wear your reading glasses?

Quick question: Does the global brightness control brightness on your main FC screen?

Sorry, I just saw your question. No, it doesn't appear to. I didn't even think about it at the time because I was primarily trying to improve the readability of the small screens.

I understand the request. It's one thing if you have perfect vision, or vision that's correctible with a single- focus lens. But once you get into bifocal territory, all bets are off. At best, you'll have graduated lenses, where the 6-foot focus is well up on your lenses. That means you can forget about just glancing down to see the floorboard. You have to drop your head until you're facing almost straight down, and you'll have only a very narrow angle in which you can maintain focus. It requires extreme but precise head movements, and you have to do it quickly to stay in the song. It's not easy, and it can be headache-inducing. An option for larger text could be helpful.

I understand the request. It's one thing if you have perfect vision, or vision that's correctible with a single- focus lens. But once you get into bifocal territory, all bets are off. At best, you'll have graduated lenses, where the 6-foot focus is well up on your lenses. That means you can forget about just glancing down to see the floorboard. You have to drop your head until you're facing almost straight down, and you'll have only a very narrow angle in which you can maintain focus. It requires extreme but precise head movements, and you have to do it quickly to stay in the song. It's not easy, and it can be headache-inducing. An option for larger text could be helpful.
i agree and also sympathize with this inability to see well. i'm just curious what an actual solution would be. like how big would these display really need to be for people in this situation.

curious... i wonder how much bigger the text needs to be for those saying they can't see it?

would anyone be able to write the same text on a piece of paper at the size and boldness they prefer? then put that paper on the FC and take a picture showing 2 switches side by side, one with the regular display word, then next to it the paper (covering that switch's display) showing how big you'd want it to be. i feel like it would need to be significantly bigger and out of spec for something like this.

does anyone have magnetic labels on any previous controllers? are those words much bigger than the mini-displays on the FC? i think they're about the same size.

i do wear glasses all day to see correctly, and the size of the displays has never felt too small. i mean, if you can't read something that far away, you just can't read it.

can you guys read the main display?
Hi Chris ... I know the problem is more my limitation than the units . Just showing you how I had my MFC labeled in yellow vs the FC .IMG_4570.JPG IMG_4571.JPG

Hi Chris ... I know the problem is more my limitation than the units . Just showing you how I had my MFC labeled in yellow vs the FC .View attachment 52109 View attachment 52110
so that seems to not be much bigger than the text size of the display. maybe it is more of a contrast thing, rather than size.

for those viewing this image, keep in mind that cameras capture light differently than our eyes, so the display isn't as dim as it appears in many casual pictures. especially with most of the image being black, the camera will expose for that, making the screen seem much brighter than it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom