Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 3.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trancegodz No inside info here, but I'd guess it won't matter now, since the III is doing all of the heavy lifting and the FC is really just a slave. Seems reasonable to me, at least. ;)

Connected, did you watch the video?
I think the video is for updating FC firmware and the question was about the Axe Fx III firmware...

It has historically been recommended to disconnect the MFC when updating Axe Fx II firmware.

there are epiphanies aplenty in my ears tonight, 3 on the III IS A WHOLE NEW DEAL.
highly recommended IMO, to start with a scratch preset and hear the amps at the new defaults.
Preset authors....back to the tweaking board.....?

I think the video is for updating FC firmware and the question was about the Axe Fx III firmware...

It has historically been recommended to disconnect the MFC when updating Axe Fx II firmware.
Ok, I watched Chris's video and maybe had it on my brain.[/QUOTE]

This sounds remarkable. Whatever refactors Cliff did seem to be exploited even more by the Fractal amps. The II especially feels tighter and meaner. I feel like I installed an Axe IV beta firmware and Cliff uploaded the wrong files.

Is the update for amp models substantial enough to require updating my presets? Can't fight the urge to update but don't want to mess it up for gigs .

I think this is a big update. It feels like both preamp and poweramp have been improved. Poweramp is more punchy emulating being loud, and I noticed the preamp was acting differently with pedals.

I had struggled with creating an SRV preset with dumble + vibroverb + ts808 etc, but this time it was not only doable, but fairly quick.

I played with the ambient delay and it felt more 3D and transparent. I think the new modulation has something to do with it.

(IMHO)

I have to say my Ruby Rocket Patch is disturbingly good right now.. One thing I noticed is I had to up the High Cut. That could be the FW or could be fresh ears. Not sure. Something cool worth noting that I hadn’t noticed before & the reason for the height cut bump is; I’m using the RR Bright Amp in this patch & channel and with the guitar vol full up it’s fine, beautiful overdriven tone, but roll the volume off and as the amp cleans up the brighter it was getting. So by the time I’d roll the volume off to a fully clean tone it was rather quite bright on the high strings. So I upped the High Cut (no presence on this amp, no neg FB) it smoothed out the clean highs and kept the overdriven highs relatively the same. Bad ass. I only wish I knew for sure if this was doing the same thing prior to the FW update. I don’t think it was, but I also have the Wreck Express, ODS & regular Ruby on the other channels in this patch. So it’s possible I wouldn’t have noticed.
Anyway, thought that was a cool interaction within the dynamics of the amp..

That's why I asked. I'd disconnected the FC-12 when I updated the Axe FXIII to 3.00 Beta just to be sure. Just wondered if it was necessary. So you guys think we don't need to disconnect the FC-12 when updating firmware on the Axe FXIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom