York Audio Checkmate M25 Cab Pack is out now!!!

Bought the Green pack a few days ago but just tonight got around to playing with them. Once again, Justin hits a home run. Like the Bi-polar pack, they're instantly usable and have moved right to the top of my user slots. After trying tens of thousands of IR's from every maker out there, I always come back to the Yorks. They're soooo worth it.

Bought the Green pack a few days ago but just tonight got around to playing with them. Once again, Justin hits a home run. Like the Bi-polar pack, they're instantly usable and have moved right to the top of my user slots. After trying tens of thousands of IR's from every maker out there, I always come back to the Yorks. They're soooo worth it.
Wow! Thank you for this! I know you’ve had a hard time trying to find YOUR sound, and it means a lot to me that these IR’s got you there. So what ended up being the magical mic for you?

Well I’ll answer my own earlier question treated myself this afternoon (got the deluxe last week or so and love it), completely impressed.

Real variety between the different mics, impressive sound but also very ‘real’ so not over done, ole you sometimes get (for example no hyped low end)

My new go to for old Marshall’s, is amazing with the JTM45

Wow! Thank you for this! I know you’ve had a hard time trying to find YOUR sound, and it means a lot to me that these IR’s got you there. So what ended up being the magical mic for you?

I'm staying "traditional" at first with the 57/121 combos. The #1 "balanced" shots are so good. Typically I don't like the sm57 but even the solo 57 shots in this pack are totally awesome. I don't know how you do it, but the top end harshness I always run into with other IR's just doesn't exist with yours. Nice work, man!

Well I’ll answer my own earlier question treated myself this afternoon (got the deluxe last week or so and love it), completely impressed.

Real variety between the different mics, impressive sound but also very ‘real’ so not over done, ole you sometimes get (for example no hyped low end)

My new go to for old Marshall’s, is amazing with the JTM45
Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m thrilled that they’re working well for you!

What mics are you liking with the JTM45? Have you tried the U47 or TLM 49 with any of the plexi style amps? I really like blending those in with other mics to get a little more vintage character and warmth.

I'm staying "traditional" at first with the 57/121 combos. The #1 "balanced" shots are so good. Typically I don't like the sm57 but even the solo 57 shots in this pack are totally awesome. I don't know how you do it, but the top end harshness I always run into with other IR's just doesn't exist with yours. Nice work, man!

That’s a solid combination for sure. Have you tried the SM7 shots in the same positions as the 57 shots you like?

Another cool tip for using these is that you can virtually move the mic around by blending positions and distances of the same mic. For instance, if you think that 1C is slightly darker than you want, but CE (cap edge) is a little too bright, you can blend the two files together to get the spot in between, or mix one a little hotter in the direction you want to take the mic. Also, you can do the same thing around the speaker. Take 57 1B and A/B it with a 57 1A/57 1C equal mix and they sound nearly identical. It’s a great way to really dial in your perfect mix without dealing with thousands of files.

I’m curious to hear any new mixes you end up making.

I have never been a fan of Greenbacks, so far they just didn't work for me, I tried several packs over the years but never really found anything that I liked, so I kept coming back to my trusted V30 IRs. Seeing Justin say something similar kinda got me interested in this pack and I have to say it just blew me away, Amazing IRs, the first Greenbacks that sound awesome to me. They work great on their own and I even started to blend some with some of my fave V30 irs, sounds amazing. Fantastic cabpack Justin!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m thrilled that they’re working well for you!

What mics are you liking with the JTM45? Have you tried the U47 or TLM 49 with any of the plexi style amps? I really like blending those in with other mics to get a little more vintage character and warmth.

Absolutely well deserved.

Like others have said - for the first time ever I'm really liking the SM57 mixed with either a 160 or similar (never got on with SM57s before, much to my frustration)

I have never been a fan of Greenbacks, so far they just didn't work for me, I tried several packs over the years but never really found anything that I liked, so I kept coming back to my trusted V30 IRs. Seeing Justin say something similar kinda got me interested in this pack and I have to say it just blew me away, Amazing IRs, the first Greenbacks that sound awesome to me. They work great on their own and I even started to blend some with some of my fave V30 irs, sounds amazing. Fantastic cabpack Justin!

This is awesome! Thanks for the great feedback! I think this pack really shines for those who have tried other Greenback Cab Packs and haven’t found the tone they’re looking for. I also tried blending these with an Orange 4x12 I made test files for and it was insane! They play really well with each other. Thanks for posting!

Absolutely well deserved.

Like others have said - for the first time ever I'm really liking the SM57 mixed with either a 160 or similar (never got on with SM57s before, much to my frustration)
Ooooh, the 57+160 combo is one of my personal favorites. The 160 adds a little depth without being muddy and gives your guitar some great low-mids without feeling bloated. I’m glad you’re digging this pack so far.

Dumb question. Should we be using the .syx or the .ir file with the AxeIII.

That’s not a dumb question. If you’re dragging and dropping files into your Axe III with the Axe Manage Cabs tool in Axe Edit, you’ll use the .syx. If you’re making mixes or auditioning files in Cab Lab, you’ll use the .ir and it will convert it to .syx when you send it to your Axe. I hope that helps.

Really digging this Cab Pack as well. Love the greenback character minus the flub and ice pick. Great job!

Curious what mic’s Jim and the gang prefer to use live? Better yet, what mic’s do you you prefer live @York Audio ?

Thanks a lot, and I’m glad you’re digging the pack! Jim is a total IR junkie too, and loves to mess with stuff. I’d have to ask and see what he landed on, but I know he liked the M25-1 57+160 mix and loved mixing the two speakers together. Ken Andrews from Failure told me he’s using the M25-1 57+160 for their new live patches. I like that mix a lot, but also like the M25-1 SM7 1C as well as the 421+313 mix (can’t remember if it’s M25-1 or M25-2).

Which ones have you been liking?

Thanks a lot, and I’m glad you’re digging the pack! Jim is a total IR junkie too, and loves to mess with stuff. I’d have to ask and see what he landed on, but I know he liked the M25-1 57+160 mix and loved mixing the two speakers together. Ken Andrews from Failure told me he’s using the M25-1 57+160 for their new live patches. I like that mix a lot, but also like the M25-1 SM7 1C as well as the 421+313 mix (can’t remember if it’s M25-1 or M25-2).

Which ones have you been liking?

I’ve been toying back and forth between the M25-1 57-160 on its own and then an even mix in the cab block of the M25-1 57C and the M25-1 160E
Just slightly different flavor than your producer mix.

I’m a fan of m160 IRs but most 3rd party seem to be bloated in the low end because of the frequency response of that mic.
However, your captures have a musical fullness without the bloat, so again, great job! It really fills out the 57mics very well.

I will have to check out the SM7C in this cab pack. I haven’t made it that far down the list yet :)

I have however, landed on your SM7D IR from your bi-polar cab pack as one of my favorite V30 IRs. It just captures that grind and texture that a lot of V30 IRs tend to miss out on IMO. That IR is super fun under the fingers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom