Third-Party MIDI Spec

The III can be remapped to allow whatever CC you want for whatever function you want, essentially speaking.

That’s easy adjustments which work with any controller. This spec is sysex data for more direct communication and specific control of a dedicated control setup.

Are you saying that you assign any controller number you wish and the AX III picks it up? I am trying to set up a Behringer FCB 1010 expression pedals A and B. I go A to work for WAH. But cannot get B to do volume. There are no YouTube Vids on this. So I am at a loss. I am at total loss when comes to Midi.

Are you saying that you assign any controller number you wish and the AX III picks it up? I am trying to set up a Behringer FCB 1010 expression pedals A and B. I go A to work for WAH. But cannot get B to do volume. There are no YouTube Vids on this. So I am at a loss. I am at total loss when comes to Midi.
No, you need to go to the Axe Fx Midi/Remote menu and tell it what CC to use for what.

In this case, you'd likely assign the CCs to a couple of External Controllers.

Good evening friends.
Taptempo's integration works smoothly and flawlessly.
Question:
I do not know if it is possible to control the turning on of the metronome volume via MMGT-22. On the front panel AXE III, I have to adjust the taptempo volume at the moment because it is always minimized. I'd like to hear the click when I practice or when I'm creating a loop.
Thank you all for any ideas

Good evening friends.
Taptempo's integration works smoothly and flawlessly.
Question:
I do not know if it is possible to control the turning on of the metronome volume via MMGT-22. On the front panel AXE III, I have to adjust the taptempo volume at the moment because it is always minimized. I'd like to hear the click when I practice or when I'm creating a loop.
Thank you all for any ideas
+1 for the sysex command to toggle the metronome on/off

Pitta, thank you for your support, two players already mean a small team :)

But ... The metronom (taptempo) does not have to be turned on because it is available continuously. The problem is only in volume control. I would like to activate it to the required value via the foot switch (RJM MMGT-22).
Please help :)

Pitta, thank you for your support, two players already mean a small team :)

But ... The metronom (taptempo) does not have to be turned on because it is available continuously. The problem is only in volume control. I would like to activate it to the required value via the foot switch (RJM MMGT-22).
Please help :)
The metronome and tap tempo are NOT the same thing... The Tempo is always there as it's used (or can be) by the effects. The metronome "plays" the Tempo, so I think you will have to turn it on and (possibly) adjust the volume.

Thanks for the reaction. I appreciate it.
AXE II XL + has a special Metronome feature. I integrated it into the foot controller without any problems. AXE III does not have the Metronome feature. At least I did not find it. If I want to use a looper, I set the taptempo with a foot controller. Unfortunately, I have to manually set the volume on the AXE III front panel. And that's a problem I'd like to change :)

Thanks for the reaction. I appreciate it.
AXE II XL + has a special Metronome feature. I integrated it into the foot controller without any problems. AXE III does not have the Metronome feature. At least I did not find it. If I want to use a looper, I set the taptempo with a foot controller. Unfortunately, I have to manually set the volume on the AXE III front panel. And that's a problem I'd like to change :)
But setting the volume will still require the metronome to be ON. If it's Off, it doesn't matter what the volume is ;)

Thank you, I really appreciate any feedback from experienced forum users. I'm here too short, and this family is very friendly. RJM has absolutely the same approach.
The integration of AXE III into MMGT is perfect. Turn on, off and set up Taptempo is completely seamless through MMGT. The only thing I miss is the click volume sysex ... :)

Hello!
I am receiving only MIDI TEMPO and MIDI TUNE messages. So a very general question is : That sysex messages are broadcasted through Midi out jack, or only through MIDI-Over-USB output

Cheers!

Hello!
I am receiving only MIDI TEMPO and MIDI TUNE messages. So a very general question is : That sysex messages are broadcasted through Midi out jack, or only through MIDI-Over-USB output

Cheers!
The only messages that are “pushed” are the ones you’re seeing. Other responses to messages will come over the midi output jack. Third party i/f specs those

Greetings! Would it be possible to get an understanding of the status messages (0x64)?

Usually it means an error, but for example when I toggle the tuner I get:

0x00 0x01 0x74 0x10 0x64 0x11 0x00 0x60

Also is it possible to query the Axe's MIDI channel? I see this is possible with the AFX2 but not three.

Thank you for this awesome tool!

Greetings! Would it be possible to get an understanding of the status messages (0x64)?

Also is it possible to query the Axe's MIDI channel? I see this is possible with the AFX2 but not three.

Have you read the document linked in post one of this thread?

Hi Cliff, would it be possible to always send the current preset id in the scene number, scene name, and status dump responses? I am trying to harden my library against very fast preset changes, and the most robust solution is to drop these messages if they are not relevant to the latest requested preset.

It would also be great if we could request the scene/effect details by passing in the effect number (or query bytes for current).

Thanks!

Last edited:

I too am seeing this error message when I send a valid Tuner On/Off command. The tuner goes On or Off in response to my commands, but the "0x64" error message is also being sent back. Other commands I send don't result in an "0x64" error message. Is there something funky with the current firmware, v3.02, in regard to Tuner On/Off commands, I wonder?

I too am seeing this error message when I send a valid Tuner On/Off command. The tuner goes On or Off in response to my commands, but the "0x64" error message is also being sent back. Other commands I send don't result in an "0x64" error message. Is there something funky with the current firmware, v3.02, in regard to Tuner On/Off commands, I wonder?
Wait! I'm seeing the "0x64" error message when I send a Tempo Tap command as well The Temp Tap command still does it's thing (help in setting the tempo), but still the error message response is sent back. Wacky!

Back
Top Bottom