FC Controllers Now Shipping!

So we got through 10 minutes today?
As iaresee indicated, you do not know if that 10 minutes represented 1, 100, or 1000 waitlist emails.

Also think of the process they are using. Send out invitations then wait for people to respond to the invitation. Fulfill the orders, send more invitations. I would guess that an invite expires after some period of time.

Now, I have seen people say they got their invite and sat on it. That would slow the process down. I would think that FAS would have to wait for either a purchase or expiration to occur before offering an invite unit to someone else. The sooner a purchase/decline occurs the quicker they know where they are at. People sitting on invitations would stall FAS’ fulfillment process out as they would not know if they could safely offer the inventory item to someone else. If not what I described, they must have some type of governor in place to ensure they do not oversell inventory or fulfillment capacity.

Last edited:
Where do you see this list? All I see is a message from Admin.
I was referring to my waitlist date which is the date of my confirmation email from Fractal confirming reservation for the FC. My confirmation is dated May 18th. However, it appears the list is moving very slow. The latest update on the "now serving" time went from May 17 9:09am to May 17 9:27am. Looks like I'm in for a long wait.

I was referring to my waitlist date which is the date of my confirmation email from Fractal confirming reservation for the FC. My confirmation is dated May 18th. However, it appears the list is moving very slow. The latest update on the "now serving" time went from May 17 9:09am to May 17 9:27am. Looks like I'm in for a long wait.

Your assuming an equal number signed up each day and or hour....

Maybe 95% of those who wanted one signed up in the first hour. Perhaps after the first hour is fulfilled, the list will move by day instead of by hour ?

Maybe you were the only one to sign up that day even, while 100 people signed up in the first 5 minutes...

No way of knowing

Your assuming an equal number signed up each day and or hour....

Maybe 95% of those who wanted one signed up in the first hour. Perhaps after the first hour is fulfilled, the list will move by day instead of by hour ?

Maybe you were the only one to sign up that day even, while 100 people signed up in the first 5 minutes...

No way of knowing
True. Doesn't make the wait any easier. :)

True. Doesn't make the wait any easier. :)

I suppose it’s at least easier than no time being provided, as then you’d have no idea if it’s this week, next month, etc. Waiting sucks, but if you know it’s at least, say 2 weeks, then your not wondering if “today will be the day” for a few weeks and constantly checking email, spam etc, know what I mean?

I would almost rather see a "Now serving number X of however many." To see the dates go so slow is really amping my anticipation up. I know, just be patient. I'm just really excited, especially after seeing the videos and reviews and realizing I will oly need the FC-12, and not both like I originally thought.

I would almost rather see a "Now serving number X of however many." To see the dates go so slow is really amping my anticipation up. I know, just be patient. I'm just really excited, especially after seeing the videos and reviews and realizing I will oly need the FC-12, and not both like I originally thought.

Fractal is not (and should not) going to divulge sales numbers. Having watched multiple of these waitlists play out, the time span being served will accelerate to where they are knocking out days at a time.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I cant seem to see where I am in the que, but it seems that its a long wait. No worries though, allows me more time to get acquainted with my Axe Fx III.

Fractal is not (and should not) going to divulge sales numbers. Having watched multiple of these waitlists play out, the time span being served will accelerate to where they are knocking out days at a time.

That’s a fair point. However, as the waitlist required no pre-payment, it’s not really a disclosure of sales. After all, some people that signed up originally found 3rd party solutions that they are now happy with and may likely not purchase an FC. I’m only suggesting it would be nice to know my place in the queue. Obviously as they get further along, the faster the dates would be processed, but I would expect the rate of service per request would remain about the same.

Caveat: This is only my second go at the Fractal waitlist and I don’t want to come off as complaining, just sharing what I would like as an experience. In the end, the Fractal method is the method they have chosen and what works for them.

I’d FAS said soemthing like they’ve got 500 in stock and 700 on the waitlist, that could affect their sales differently than if they said they have 50 in stock and 700 on the waitlist.

A lot of folks might go elsewhere thinking “this will take too long”, or other brands could cut pricing to lure folks away, etc

Simply don’t want to share how many you’ve sold, how many you expect to sell, how many potential orders you’ve got etc with the competition in any business really.

Does more harm than good in most cases.

I get it. I am very time constrained and didn't have time to explore other controller options. I've been using a Helix live for several months until the FC arrives. Like Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part". I'm sure he had foot controllers in mind when he wrote that. Haha.

That’s a fair point. However, as the waitlist required no pre-payment, it’s not really a disclosure of sales. After all, some people that signed up originally found 3rd party solutions that they are now happy with and may likely not purchase an FC.
Yes, it would pretty much be a disclosure of sales. It’s,pretty safe to say that most people on the wait list will buy when their invite comes in.

Fair enough. I'll agree to disagree. In the end, I'll wait just like everyone else on the list. After all, it's more important to me to have a controller to work natively with the III. I haven't given up on my MFC, but I'm champing at the bit for my FC. It's already been 6 months since I signed up for the wait list and I've had too much fun with the III and gotten so many compliments that I couldn't imagine looking at anything else.

I was on the fence until my invite came; waiting for the 29th to put my order in — hopefully they don’t run out by then

Excited!

Apparently, there was a large concentration of email orders between 9:00-9:35am on May 17th. . Guess I’ll read the manual - AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom