Video - FC-12 - Quick Look | Default Layouts | EZ Switch Editing

Great job as usual, Chris!

Gave me something to tide me over until tomorrow since I missed UPS today (of course they came during the 90 minutes I wasn't home :()

Thanks Chris, one other thing. Say you are on the looper page, how do you set the blank switch to play the current preset, (variable) and the others to scene x,y, z? IOW, random preset from previous layout, with matching scenes.

Thanks Chris, one other thing. Say you are on the looper page, how do you set the blank switch to play the current preset, (variable) and the others to scene x,y, z? IOW, random preset from previous layout, with matching scenes.
I have no idea what this means.

What is “play the current preset”?

Well, you show in the video that you go to the looper and select a preset for the blank switches. That means you have the same preset in that spot all the time, everytime you go to the looper. Is there a way that the blank switch in the looper can be variable? Have it set to whatever the last preset I used automatically. Say I use the looper on several songs with different presets on each song. I would want the available blank switch to reflect the presets needed for each different song.

Well, you show in the video that you go to the looper and select a preset for the blank switches. That means you have the same preset in that spot all the time, everytime you go to the looper. Is there a way that the blank switch in the looper can be variable? Have it set to whatever the last preset I used automatically. Say I use the looper on several songs with different presets on each song. I would want the available blank switch to reflect the presets needed for each different song.
I added Scenes to the Looper, not Presets.

Also, how would the FC know exactly what Presets you want? There is no “show the last couple of used presets on these switches” function. What order would it show up in? When would they get replaced and change?

Also, Presets can use “Banks” to display a range of Presets on switches. You can add a switch that is specifically “Preset 032” always. But as I showed in the first Layout, by default it shows 10 Presets, and you bank up to show another 10 Presets to choose from with the same Layout and Switches. You could perhaps design a similar approach and group your presets as needed.

You may also be thinking too “static” as well. Remember, you could instead adjust the Preset Layout to add Looper controls there. And all of these are just example Layouts. I mention this about 6 times throughout the video haha. You can design exactly what you want on any Layout. Don’t let the default names box you in to any design.

Yes, I guess it would be easier to just add the looper to a preset layout bank. I was thinking if it were possible to set a switch (blank) to read the “last preset used” then whatever I used last would show on the looper page. No biggie, thanks again and great video. Got my 12 today!

Yes, I guess it would be easier to just add the looper to a preset layout bank. I was thinking if it were possible to set a switch (blank) to read the “last preset used” then whatever I used last would show on the looper page. No biggie, thanks again and great video. Got my 12 today!
Sounds like a new wish thread topic.

I'm very interested in what the FCs can do. I see many similarities to my own midi controller, quite fascinating ;) I also thought of something like this MLM action. But I didn't implement it, because the controller doesn't know if you only want to hit the lower right switch or if you then additionally want to hit the upper right switch. So any function set on the lower right switch will get executed when you go to Layout 9. Except of course you configure that switch to e.g. toggle when being released. But that would be a bad reason to configure a switch like that. You could also put a timeout on that switch, but that would be horrible! :p

So what I'm thinking is: This MLM action isn't supposed to be used while performing, right? It's for ... maintainance? What's its real purpose? Sure, to switch to specific layouts. But isn't that something you'd want to do while performing?

I'm very interested in what the FCs can do. I see many similarities to my own midi controller, quite fascinating ;) I also thought of something like this MLM action. But I didn't implement it, because the controller doesn't know if you only want to hit the lower right switch or if you then additionally want to hit the upper right switch. So any function set on the lower right switch will get executed when you go to Layout 9. Except of course you configure that switch to e.g. toggle when being released. But that would be a bad reason to configure a switch like that. You could also put a timeout on that switch, but that would be horrible! :p

So what I'm thinking is: This MLM action isn't supposed to be used while performing, right? It's for ... maintainance? What's its real purpose? Sure, to switch to specific layouts. But isn't that something you'd want to do while performing?
The lower right switch can still activate upon release. If you press it and release it with out hitting the upper right switch it will perform its action. If you hold it without hitting the upper switch it can still perform a hold function.

It IS meant to be used during performance.

An intricacy of the lower right switch: even if nothing is assigned to it (tap or hold), it has a hidden hold function, and that is the first part of the MLM command. “If hold, wait for top right switch to be tapped.”

If you only assign a Tap function to the lower right switch, you’ll notice that the action happens on the release of that switch. (Any other switch with just a Tap function, the action happens on the down of that switch.) That’s because of this hidden hold function for the MLM action.

You can also put a standard hold function on the bottom right switch, and it will fire after the Hold Delay time set in Settings. To get to the MLM when you have a standard Hold function assigned, you’ll have to press that top switch before your hold delay time.

If you need a responsive bottom right switch, you can disable the MLM action, requiring direct Layout switches to be setup, or changing layouts in the EZ menu.

But yes, the MLM can be used during performance easily. You just may prefer to not use something like that.

It IS meant to be used during performance.

An intricacy of the lower right switch: even if nothing is assigned to it (tap or hold), it has a hidden hold function, and that is the first part of the MLM command. “If hold, wait for top right switch to be tapped.”

If you only assign a Tap function to the lower right switch, you’ll notice that the action happens on the release of that switch. (Any other switch with just a Tap function, the action happens on the down of that switch.) That’s because of this hidden hold function for the MLM action.

You can also put a standard hold function on the bottom right switch, and it will fire after the Hold Delay time set in Settings. To get to the MLM when you have a standard Hold function assigned, you’ll have to press that top switch before your hold delay time.

If you need a responsive bottom right switch, you can disable the MLM action, requiring direct Layout switches to be setup, or changing layouts in the EZ menu.

But yes, the MLM can be used during performance easily. You just may prefer to not use something like that.
Ok this post, especially the fat part, was VERY informative, thanks a lot! And it's definitely something people should consider when planning their layouts.

Ok this post, especially the fat part, was VERY informative, thanks a lot! And it's definitely something people should consider when planning their layouts.
yes. i originally wanted to put my looper Record switch there, but it fires on the release of the switch, due to the hidden MLM function. but you can turn that MLM function off, making that switch normal again. then you just need to program Layout switches somewhere - if you even need them!

Back
Top Bottom