Post Axe-Fx III Launch ... Amp Model Requests

I feel you dawg. Do not listen to the fun killers. 300 amp models or bust.

Another one for the list: Archon! Some other units have modeled it would love to hear Fractal's take. I'd even take a new clean amp in a pinch.

Many have tried to get the Archon in there and Failed
Would be a great holiday surprise though
So I’ll keep hoping for some “magic “

I don’t know of any Fender that can do a distorted sound clean. :)
ever-read-something-so-stupid-tgivesyou-forest-whitaker-eye-7881861.png

Gotta love the self-serving "logic" in that ad: "This Amp Will Be Sold As Is & No Returns. Because, I Know It Works & Sounds Very Great !!"
Lol... I missed that bit. It truly is a great amp though :)

This may be in the incorrect forum topic, but from Fractal’s perspective, what goes into researching and modeling an amplifier model? I have a ton of amps, some classics that haven’t been modeled, but I have resisted requesting. I have assumed, that FAS must consider an effort-versus-impact decision for each.

Come to think of it, wouldn’t it be cool to configure a utility, that inputs schematic values, tube types/brands, voltages, transformer models, etc, to generate a model, instead of circuit characteristics? I can’t wait for the future!

Can we agree that the Fenders would represent “a clean preamp tone, with headroom clipped and compressed”? The video sounded like a cold-biased power section amplifying a distorted preamp circuit.

Lol, to achieve as described.
Plus the added benefit over the Boogie, of not overfiltering in the power supply, to the point of a (difficult-to-describe) two-dimensional tone. In comparison, the Fenders provide overtones, harmonics, and depth (...depending upon the proper transformers, speakers, tubes, aforementioned set-up, the amp tech knowing what he/she is doing, and other relevances).

Last edited:
Man , so many great amps in the box already! But it is a wish list so....
Silvertone 1485
Wizard modern classic 2
Marshall major
Magnatone 213 and 214
Hiwatt dr504
But man.... I’ve been very happy with my axe3 and touring with my ax8. :)

I have a Silvertone 1484 in great condition. Great tone (except the reverb is not what one would describe as “lush”, lol). It’s a Danelectro in Sears clothing. I’ve never come across a Danelectro in the models. Maybe it’s just too similar to something else?

Man , so many great amps in the box already! But it is a wish list so....
Silvertone 1485
Wizard modern classic 2
Marshall major
Magnatone 213 and 214
Hiwatt dr504
But man.... I’ve been very happy with my axe3 and touring with my ax8. :)
The dr504 is basically identical to the dr103, except that it has 2 power tubes instead of four.
Something like the cp103 or the jimmy page model would be much more interesting IMHO

The dr504 is basically identical to the dr103, except that it has 2 power tubes instead of four.
Something like the cp103 or the jimmy page model would be much more interesting IMHO
I like them all! I will say that I own both a dr103 and a dr504 and when at low volume... they sound almost the same. But just like a 50w and 100w plexi , once turned up a bit are quite different.... all be it from the same blood line! Man .... I just love them all tho. The Page one would be fantastic!!!

I have dr103 and it sounds great. It has a different vibe than the FAS model, but I’m not sure how to describe it. I’m one of those types that are sensitive to the live amp sound.

I would love to have a plexi bass amp model (Model 1986). Unlikely, since the JTM45, Plexi 1987, etc are all pretty close.

Without getting into too much trouble, and rather than specific amp models, has anyone ever discussed classic recording models (ie. classic ones from great recordings)? I’ve only been a user since 2017, so maybe this was rejected yonks ago.

I have dr103 and it sounds great. It has a different vibe than the FAS model, but I’m not sure how to describe it. I’m one of those types that are sensitive to the live amp sound.

I would love to have a plexi bass amp model (Model 1986). Unlikely, since the JTM45, Plexi 1987, etc are all pretty close.

Without getting into too much trouble, and rather than specific amp models, has anyone ever discussed classic recording models (ie. classic ones from great recordings)? I’ve only been a user since 2017, so maybe this was rejected yonks ago.
Assuming the difference you hear is not a cab vs FRFR issue, be aware that the taper of the master volume on the axe is different than the real amp (log and linear respectively), and presence could be slightly different too.

Back
Top Bottom